Search Page | Back to Results
MARANATHA BIBLE and MISSIONARY CONFERENCE
KEY RESULTS AREA
Maintains financial reporting systems, including fund accounting, in support of Maranatha operations. Supports the Operations team with financial reporting tools that allows for effective financial analysis/decisions in accordance with sound accounting and business principles, procedures and practices.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Maintain all procedures, practices and controls related to the financial operations of the conference.
• Maintain general ledger accounting in support of all required financial reporting for the non-profit entity.
• Oversee daily cash receipts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, non-designated gifts, designated gifts and non-cash gifts.
• Oversee all resident billings, including annual lease fees, assessments, and other charges.
• Prepare all record keeping and reporting related to local, state and federal agencies.
• Coordinate internal and external audits as directed by the Board Treasurer.
• Facilitate cash management programs.
• Conduct banking transactions and bank reconciliations.
• Administer the employee payroll system.
• Prepare monthly financial reports in a timely manner.
• Prepare and distribute monthly departmental budget/financial reports in a timely manner.
• Maintain records including receipting of all financial gifts/donations to the various ministries of Maranatha.
SECONDARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Assist in the maintenance of corporate insurance policies, claims, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS & STATUS
• Reports to: Operations Director
• Department: Administration
• Status: Full-time
• Wage: Salary
• Benefits: Full
• Supervises: volunteers who assist in counting offerings and performing other miscellaneous tasks.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• A strong accounting background with the ability to prepare monthly and annual financial statements is required.
• A minimum of three to five years’ experience with a working knowledge of and experience in the following areas, including but not limited to:
o Accounting (G.A.A.P, principles, procedures, systems and controls)
o Personnel management (HR regulations, policies, payroll, etc.)
• Ability to interact and support other department personnel.
• Superior organizational and administrative skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Quickbooks, Excel, Megasys and Outlook is a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION
• The ability to perform work outdoors and/or indoors in a conference center environment.
• The ability to sit, walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
• The ability to bend, stretch, reach with a full range of motion, and to lift moderate weights of up to forty (40) pounds
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
• A clear testimony of personal salvation through the finished work of Jesus Christ.
• An ongoing demonstration of the Lordship of Jesus Christ in daily life.
• Agreement with Maranatha’s Statement of Faith and enthusiastic support for Maranatha’s Mission, Vision, and Purposes.
• A commitment to excellence, innovation, creativity, servant leadership and lifelong learning.
• A strong desire and motivation to provide guests and residents with the highest level of hospitality and service.
• The ability to work independently without direct supervision and to function effectively as a supportive team member.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, solve problems and pay close attention to detail, and to work productively under pressure to meet deadlines.
• The ability to operate a variety of basic office equipment such as telephone, facsimile machine, copy machine, scanner, etc.
MINIMUM EXPECTED STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
• Effectively represents Jesus Christ and the ministry of Maranatha to those within both professional and personal spheres of influence.
• Demonstrates a high level of Christian integrity and professionalism.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Maranatha history, ministries, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates character, competence and chemistry with Maranatha’s staff and guests.
• Demonstrates a commitment to excellence in the performance of duties.
• Meets or exceeds established goals and objectives for personal performance, and contributes significantly to the successful fulfillment of the ministry’s goals and objectives.
• Maintains positive work ethic and attitude, and conveys a pleasant outlook and disposition toward all guests and staff.
• Presents a neat and modest professional appearance.
• Consistently participates in staff meetings and devotions.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 6/28/2019 9:02:16 AM