Search Page | Back to Results
Program Training Coordinator
Purpose: In order to prepare our staff to be able to lead in the context of adventure ministry it is valuable to have a Training Coordinator who ensures that our staff are gaining proficiency in their ability to teach and facilitate adventure activities.
-Prepare staff and interns for their instruction of Journey, and Venture skills. Train or recruit others to train based on your expertise and availability.
-Promote an environment where all staff (program team and members of other branches) are progressing in their ability to lead a variety of events.
-Plan who will lead upcoming trips based on ability level, personal development, availability, and needs for specific trips.
-Develop a network of outside instructors.
-Develop procedures for getting these outside instructors up to speed and prepared for the trip as well as debriefing their time afterward.
-Plan Program Training segments of Summer Staff Training
-During the summer, create the Technical Adventure Coordinators' (TACs) schedule
-Train and debrief with TACs
-Coordinate observation of TACs leading adventure activities and offer feedback
- Assisting in guiding when needed in all of the Program Branches: Venture, Journey, Family Adventures, Summer, Wilderness
- Personally engaging in adventures in God’s creation on a regular basis
- Helping out with projects in the Program areas as well as assisting other branches when possible
Bighorn Staff Expectations:
- Be proactive in physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
- Be open to working collaboratively.
- Expected to invest in relationships with fellow staff, campers, students and interns.
- Commit to raising the salary amount decided on through budget planning with Mobilization Director.
- Assist with dishes, cabin cleaning, and work days when appropriate.
-Is willing to learn, loves people of all ages and has a consistent devotional life.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Must Raise Full Support
Updated: 6/24/2019 1:21:35 PM