Search Page | Back to Results
Program Training Coordinator
Rational: In order to prepare our staff to be able to lead in the context of adventure ministry it is valuable to have a Training Coordinator who ensures that our staff are gaining proficiency in their ability to teach and facilitate adventure activities.
-Prepare staff and interns for their instruction of Journey, and Venture skills. Train or recruit others to train based on your expertise and availability.
-Promote an environment where all staff (program team and members of other branches) are progressing in their ability to lead a variety of events.
-Plan who will lead upcoming trips based on ability level, personal development, availability, and needs for specific trips.
-Develop a network of outside instructors.
-Develop procedures for getting these outside instructors up to speed and prepared for the trip as well as debriefing their time afterward.
-Plan Program Training segments of Summer Staff Training
-During the summer, create the Technical Adventure Coordinators' (TACs) schedule
-Train and debrief with TACs
-Coordinate observation of TACs leading adventure activities and offer feedback
- Assisting in guiding when needed in all of the Program Branches: Venture, Journey, Family Adventures, Summer, Wilderness
- Personally engaging in adventures in God’s creation on a regular basis
- Helping out with projects in the Program areas as well as assisting other branches when possible
Bighorn Staff Expectations:
- Engage in regular times of Scripture reading and prayer
- Regularly and actively attend staff connection meeting
- Invest in healthy relationships with staff, guests and participants
- Participate in staff trainings and staff retreats
- Assist other branches by helping with turnaround, dishes, kitchen help, retreat hosting, programming for retreats, cleaning, etc
- Assist in driving when possible
- Raise the amount decided on for your salary by seeking out churches, organizations, and individuals willing to partner with you in ministry
- Submit to the leadership of the Executive Director and the Branch Director team
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Must Raise Full Support
Updated: 10/17/2019 3:30:33 PM