Search Page | Back to Results
Vice President of Finance and Administration
The Vice President of Finance and Administration is a member of the Executive Leadership Team reporting to the President/CEO. In addition to the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the team also includes: Vice President of Operations, Vice President of Ministry Programs, and Vice President of Sales & Marketing. The Vice President of Finance and Administration is responsible for providing clarity and insight regarding all fiscal and administrative management aspects of the organization in conjunction with the President/CEO and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Vice President of Finance and Administration will lead and manage all administrative support services of Sky Ranch, including Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, Legal, and Technology. The Vice President of Finance and Administration will serve and empower the entire Global Leadership Team (GLT) to develop and implement workforce, technology and financial strategies, reporting processes and accountabilities across the organization. In addition to being the strategic thought leader across the administrative functions, this individual will continually assess structure, procedures and policies to ensure that core infrastructure is scalable for future growth. He/she will serve as an advisor to the leaders of each functional area, collaborating with them about talent management, financial planning, economic modeling and reporting, as well as information technology innovation within budgetary parameters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with and support the CEO and other Global Leadership Team members to ensure the organization can grow and scale in a positive and efficient way, consistent with the mission and vision of Sky Ranch;
• Develop, design, and recommend long-term strategic plans that support the future operational needs of the organization for the areas of Accounting/Finance, HR, Legal and IT;
• Provide consultative services to the leaders in the organization in the areas of Talent Acquisition and Management, Business Systems Applications, budget development / maintenance and any other area that impacts the delivery system of the respective functional areas;
• Lead HR in the collaboration with Global Leadership Team members to develop a long-term strategic workforce plan that supports current operational needs and ensures the organization is prepared for future growth;
• Create a results-driven administrative function through energized leadership, championing change, and establishing a culture of accountability that applies to each team member;
• Foster the development of others and provide an environment that supports professional growth, and individual and team performance;
• Serve as the financial consultant to the Boards through the ongoing development of Board materials and financial reporting by responding to Board inquires and providing regular strategic updates to the Board on key performance areas including but not limited to financial results, staffing, succession planning, succession gaps, technology constraints;
• Assist the CEO with prioritization in investing in the organization, from capital expenditures, staffing additions, mergers and acquisitions, to budget management and exceptions;
• Lead the finance team in the development and implementation of the budget, business plans and forecasts;
• Ensure financial accounting and reporting adhere to internal controls and established financial procedures;
• Lead the IT team to identify technology gaps and ensure systems are reliable, effective, and scalable to accommodate future growth;
• Ensure the utilization of administrative best practices for non-profit organizations including compliance with state and federal laws;
• Ensure all areas are managed with the utmost integrity in accordance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures;
• Ensure IT, HR, Finance policies, systems, and processes work together to create an environment where Sky Ranch can deliver upon the vision and mission of the organization;
• Act as the legal gatekeeper and liaison to minimize risk and liability; includes review and approval of vendor/guest contracts
• Maintain relationships with external partners including banks, ECFA, and industry affiliations.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Perform other duties as required.
KEY CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS
• Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement;
• Active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement;
• Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health;
• Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values as demonstrated in daily behavior
o Attitude of Unity
o Relationship with God
o Excellence in Service
• Gains energy in working through complex or ambiguous situations and issues, making effective, timely and appropriate decisions;
• A mix of courage and emotional intelligence that allows for candid leadership in a context of customer service excellence, healthy teamwork and long-term success of the organization;
• Possess excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve desired outcomes;
• Ability to relate professionally, positively, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to the Board, Leadership team, guests (youth and parents) and clergy;
• Possess the ability to actively listen and learn, consult and recommend change as needed to up, down and across the organization chart;
• Communications style that can be persuasive in front of large groups, nurturing with key stakeholders, individual donors and guests and confident composed and concise with Board members and external business partners.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Graduate Degree preferred
• CPA preferred
• CFO or COO experience preferred;
• Demonstrated history attracting and selecting high-quality talent in a rapidly changing environment, with the ability to position individuals for both individual and organizational success;
• Functional experience and working knowledge in Human Resources processes, legal arrangements, and Informational Technology systems;
• In-depth understanding and work experience in the fields of finance, accounting, human resources, technology, and legal;
• Knowledge of GAAP, as well as nonprofit specific accounting standards;
• Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook;
• Very limited physical effort required. Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects;
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination;
• Requires some physical agility, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
• Works indoors in normal office environment majority of the time.
• Little to no exposure to physical risk.
• Will need to be able to spend time in Van, Texas on a weekly or periodic basis with travel as needed to other current or prospective Sky Ranch locations;
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 7/1/2019 2:33:48 PM