Search Page | Back to Results
To assist Food Services Director with food preparation, cooking, and cleaning duties. Step-up to act as Food Services Director and assume role of head cook in Director’s absence.
-Assist with food preparation, cooking, and kitchen clean up, including dishwashing, when necessary.
-Assist Food Services Director with maintaining stock of food and kitchen supplies.
-Assist with putting away food orders, kitchen deep cleaning, and other kitchen related duties as needed.
-Cook meals independently at times.
-Lead other staff in prep, cooking and clean up.
-Plan meals on occasion and find, read, and adjust recipes.
Preferred Experience: Previous food service experience or noted interest in home cooking.
-Must be willing to learn all aspects of food service at Camp Bighorn and be glad to serve others.
-Ability to read and write in English.
-Ability to do basic math including fractions.
-Ability to learn and follow food safety practices and obtain ServSafe certification.
-People skills: interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, and a friendly demeanor.
Physical Requirements: Able to work long (10-15 hour) shifts, stand or walk for long periods of time, work in hot environment around hot kitchen equipment, lift and carry at least 40 pounds for a distance of 50 feet, work safely with kitchen equipment including ovens, grills, mixers, meat slicers, and food processors.
Bighorn Staff Expectations:
- Engage in regular times of Scripture reading and prayer
- Regularly and actively attend staff connection meeting
- Invest in healthy relationships with staff, guests and participants
- Participate in staff trainings and staff retreats
- Assist other branches by helping with turnaround, dishes, kitchen help, retreat hosting, programming for retreats, cleaning, etc
- Assist in driving when possible
- Raise the amount decided on for your salary by seeking out churches, organizations, and individuals willing to partner with you in ministry
- Submit to the leadership of the Executive Director and the Branch Director team
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Salary: Must Raise Full Support
Category: Food Services
Updated: 11/11/2019 4:57:16 PM