Search Page | Back to Results
Please apply at http://www.llbc.org/new/ministry-openings/
LLBC CAMP DIRECTOR
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED TO AUGUST 17,2019
POSITION: Camp Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Camp Director shall have the responsibility for the development, implementation and evaluation of camp ministries with the support of the Camp Board of Directors and will provide leadership for operations, promotion and fundraising. He will direct and manage a full-time, part-time and seasonal staff. This position will ensure the creation, development and ongoing effectiveness of all programs and activities. All functions and activities will be performed within the mission statement and core values of the Camp.
1. Has an active faith in Jesus Christ and desires to see campers come to know and grow in Him.
2. Bachelor’s Degree and five years Christian camping experience (seminary training desirable)
3. Possesses proven public relations and fundraising skills
4. Experienced in camp operations management, including oversight of budgets
5. Displays effective leadership and interpersonal skills. (shepherding skill desirable)
6. Possesses strong conceptual and visionary competence
7. Flexible and accommodating to the time and fluctuating demands of camp and retreat ministries.
1. Responsible for the overall day-to-day operation of Camp
2. The Camp Director will communicate and collaborate with the Board of Directors and is accountable to
a) Implement and uphold all Board policies
Work with the Board to prepare a long-range, strategic plan for Camp
b) Report regularly to the Board about progress toward organizational objectives, financial status of the organization and other issues of concern to the Board
c) Initiate and direct the development of policies for Board approval
d) Shares information with the staff regarding board decisions
2. Provide leadership and oversight for the Camp staff
a) Promote a cooperative and cohesive team environment with the staff
b) Serve as an effective coach and mentor to the staff
c) Responsible for the hiring, evaluation, promotion and discipline of staff. Hiring of full time missionary staff requires board approval.
3. Oversight of programs and activities of Camp with the mission statement and core values of the organization
a) Oversee new programs and activities
b) Continually monitor the quality, attendance levels, costs and appropriateness of children, youth and adult programs and activities
c) Encourage the Program Director to develop and coordinate attractive and purposeful programs and activities
4. Oversight of building and grounds, program and kitchen leadership.
5. Develop and implement successful fundraising programs
6. Establish and monitor all budgetary and fiscal operations with a sensitivity for cost effectiveness
7. Serve as the primary spokesperson and promoter of Camp to camp members churches and individuals
8. Responsible for health and safety standards for all staff, campers, volunteers and other guests
9. Perform other responsibilities as necessary or as assigned by the Board of Directors
10. Required to maintain 24-hour a day communications to handle emergency situations
1. Not required to live on site, but encouraged to live within 30 minutes.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Paid - Must Raise Partial Support
Category: Camp Director
Updated: 7/17/2019 3:23:49 PM