Search Page | Back to Results
Media & Communications Manager
The Media and Communications manager is a key member of the program team. The person in this position is responsible for managing the audio and visual experiences of Trout. This includes overseeing the usage of the equipment, the inventory of the equipment, producing pictures and videos that communicate the message and mission of Trout.
This is a full-time ministry position in which our heart, commitment, and attitude of reflecting Jesus should be evident to staff and guests. Safe, Fun, Gospel is the foundation of the Trout experience.
The Media and Communications Manager is directly responsible to the Associate Camp Director supervises the staff and volunteers assigned to this area.
While this position is directly responsible to the Associate Camp Director there are times when the Executive Director, Camp Director, or Assistant Director may provide direction. To be successful, this position must coordinate their efforts with the following key positions: APD – Disciple Team, Adventure, Point, Timber Ridge, Day Camps Director, Guest Services Director.
• Build and Maintain relationships with past and present Trout staff
• Manage the Visual and Audio components of Trout’s various camps
• Manage and Assist in Guest Group AV needs
• Troubleshot / Maintain camp computers, printers, internet, routers, etc.
• Assist in computer related issues as needed.
• Schedules and performs repairs of Trout audio visual equipment as needed.
• Assess and purchase Trout audio visual equipment as needed at the Direction of the Program Director.
• Ensure that published video and photo content follows current industry best practices and branding guide
• Research and evaluate current trends within youth culture and Christian camping as they relate to AV
• Manages the focus, goals, and responsibilities of Trout Lake Camps Audio Visual Staff
• Provides visual content (video & photos) delivered based on content calendar schedule
• Screens the content provided by Trout Lake Camps AV Staff prior to publishing
• Provide “gap filling” for summer staff as assigned / needed.
• Ensure that Trout Audio and Visual Equipment is in strong working order to meet program and guest group needs.
• Take down, assemble, clean, inventory and organize the audio visual components of Trout Lake Camps
• Help direct and assist weekend staff in the cleaning of Chapel as needed
• Maintains a digital storage system of Trout produced video and photo content
• Responsible for producing Event Highlight Videos and Recruiting video content as needed.
• Occasionally assist in the summer staff hiring process including conducting interviews, filing applications, check references.
• Responsible to recruit, screen, and hire seasonal staff in the Audio Visual department
• Responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of the audio visual experience for Trout Lake Camps retreats, camps, and guest group events.
• Develop weekly content-driven videos that help drive the mission of Trout Lake Camps.
• Manage Trout’s social media presence as it relates to video content (You tube, Vimeo, etc.)
• Works alongside the social media manager to deliver content on our social media platforms.
• Assist in the creation process of Camp Programming ideas as needed.
• Run program specific events and activities for retreat and guest groups as assigned
Other Job Duties
• Responsible for checking and responding to voicemails, emails, and camp mailbox on a regular basis
• Financial reporting – chase reports, managing receipts, and invoices as needed
• Identify and resolve complex problems with staff, guests, and vendors as needed.
• Build and Maintain relationships with past and present Trout staff.
• Work weekends and other irregular hours as deemed necessary
• Be on call for emergencies as assigned.
• Provide leadership of camp functions in the absence of Executive Director and Camp Director
• Attend Quarterly 1on1s with Associate Camp Director
• Schedule and lead Monthly 1on1s with direct reports
• Attend all departmental daily and weekly staff meetings as scheduled.
• Attend all organizational staff meetings as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree OR a minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in a video production. Preferably in a ministry context.
• A flexible individual with experience in multi-tasking, creative thinking, problem solving, and teamwork
• Proven communication skills – written and oral.
• Experience managing video and photo software platforms (youtube, vimeo, facebook, flickr, google photos, etc.)
• Experience adding photos and videos to existing websites.
• Experience designing and coordinating video projects
• 2 years’ experience in managing sound boards in major ministry event setting
• Highly organized. Able to meet deadlines, communicate effectively with other camp departments to meet various audio/ visual needs within.
• Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, photo, social media platforms, web browsers, and video editing software in a Mac environment
• Experience in Project Management in an audio visual setting
• An enthusiastic person who demonstrates concern for organizational excellence.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production or Related Field
• First Aid Certified, CPR Certified
• Previous experience in Christian camping or a ministry setting
The employee will positively represent Trout Lake Camp in all conversations on the job and off, to both guests and other employees alike. This document reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of expertise, skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. A criminal history and background check is required and must be successfully completed prior to employment.
TO APPLY: Send Resume and Cover Letter along with a link to your video & photography portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Audio Visual
Updated: 6/8/2019 10:38:03 AM