Search Page | Back to Results
The Wrangler role involves care of the horses, maintaining of facilities and safety of guests. Wranglers will serve guests through multiple horsemanship activities. Wranglers are responsible for all horse activities, including care of livestock, equipment, and barn areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain the well-being of all animals on the ranch.
• Includes feeding, watering, and grooming
• Attend to health and medical issues and promptly alert manger to area needing attention
• Steward all equipment and supplies.
• Regularly conduct inventory and report items needed
• Promote a safe environment for all campers, staff and animals.
• Lead group trail rides and activities for Retreats guests.
• Drive trucks with trailers (people movers) to various locations as needed.
• Assist leadership staff in providing a program and environment that nurtures spiritual growth for campers.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Some secondary education preferred.
• Zero to two years of working with and being around horses.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• CPR, first aid and AED certified provided by Sky Ranch
• In-depth understanding of the field of animal husbandry and horses.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN:
• Fun, compassionate, responsible, good hygiene, physically capable to participate in all camp activities. Interest and desire to keep camper’s safe.
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and families), co-workers and peers.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Much physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 20 pounds of force frequently for moving and carrying objects, with need to carry 50 pounds on occasion.
• Must be able to ride a horse for extended duration and / or distance.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
• Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Updated: 6/6/2019 1:31:17 PM