Search Page | Back to Results
School Programs Instructor
The School Programs Instructor delivers educational content based on school curriculum. This position creates an exciting and effective camp experience for 4th through 12th grade students at both on-site and off-site camp locations as part of the Outdoor Education and Student Development program offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead a team of 15 to 20 students, 4th – 12th grades, as they participate in Outdoor Education/Student Development camps.
• Assist School Programs leadership with preparation, set up and cleanup of OE/Student Development events.
• Create a fun and exciting learning environment.
• Deliver educational content according to camp design and objective.
• Facilitate recreational activities.
• Carry out assigned work projects as required for program upgrade or maintenance.
• Assist other camp departments as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in field of education with major or minor in science or history.
• One to three years of experience in the field of education or similar.
• Experience working with kids in a camp setting preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Teaching certificate desirable.
• Education principles and methods.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Basic internet and social media skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to customers (students and parents), clergy and staff of various Christian churches and organizations of all sizes, cultural identities and worship styles, co-workers, peers, and board members.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Excellent professional written communication skills. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail. Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to communicate the vision and values of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Physical effort required on a routine basis includes ability to use up to 20 pounds of force frequently for moving and carrying objects.
• Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under areas such as desks; facilitating recreational equipment; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladders.
• Ability to travel to various geographic locations, including travel by car, and some overnight stays including weekends.
• Works outdoors majority of the time, exposed to the seasonal weather elements.
• Standing, bending and walking while teaching students.
• Works indoors in normal office environment for 10% to 25% of the work day.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 7/1/2019 2:44:50 PM