Search Page | Back to Results
Executive Camp Director- Ute Trail, CO
This position will serve as the Camp Director for all camp ministries. This position will manage the operational calendar working to organize and create communication between the various staff who share responsibility for the overall ministry of the camp as well as their individual programs. The Executive Camp Director is responsible for the annual budget. This position also has day-to-day responsibility for implementing and directing all facets of the site ministry location and will lead in working toward compliance with the ACA accreditation program for the camp.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execute and refine the strategic plan and lead the general operations for the camp, which includes managing the logistics, calendars, and operations of ALL programs at the camp.
• Manage the full budget for the camp, including financial reports as needed.
• Provide Facility support year-round
o Care for the facility and manage any issues that arise during off season.
o Manage all permits, contracts, etc.
o Manage budgets, PO’s, and monthly reports to the Global Leadership Team.
o Manage seasonal opening and closing of facility for summer camps and any off-season retreats.
o Oversee operational infrastructure at the camp (Waste Water Treatment Plant, Potable water, Utilities, etc.).
• Ensure that the camp activities and operations are safe and operable.
o Ensure facilities are ready and staffed for all retreat hosting.
o Oversee the retail store and manager job duties, and oversee their execution of seasonal retail duties.
• Oversee both the development of and the day to day execution of camp specific programs to ensure that ministry programs, activities, and operations are safe, operable, and staffed.
• Work with risk management and Sky Ranch Staff to ensure excellence in standards defined by our industry and internal policies and procedures.
• Hire and train staff. Provide direction and supervision of direct reports and all staff; provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate goals and objectives; monitor, evaluate, and provide constructive feedback and direction to direct reports; conduct annual performance and ongoing evaluation.
• Provide spiritual leadership for the entire staff and guest community.
• Participate in development and execution of Sky Ranch’s vision and strategic objectives as a member of the Global Leadership Team.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Five years of camp management experience.
• In-depth understanding of camp management.
• Knowledgeable of innovative and successful camp and retreat programs.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Basic internet and social media skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
• Ability to effectively manage staff in areas such as: selection, development, coaching, motivation, scheduling, and performance evaluation.
• Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
• Ability to hire, train and motivate team members.
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and families), clergy and staff of various Christian churches and organizations of all sizes, cultural identities and worship styles, co-workers, peers, and board members.
• Proven successful leadership experience; ability to build unity amongst a team and motivate them to work together toward a common mission.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills. Ability to plan, manage, and report budgets proficiently. Financial management skills.
• Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and/or retreats as required.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to prepare moderately complex reports.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Very limited physical effort required during non-summer months. Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Summer months may require ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
• Requires basic physical agility, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under equipment; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
• Works indoors in normal office environment majority of the time. Some outdoors’ work.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Ability to travel to various geographic locations, including travel by car, and some overnight stays, including weekends.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 11/15/2019 11:22:54 AM