Search Page | Back to Results
As a Cabin Counselor at Ironwood Springs, your weeks will be spent building relationships with a group of 6-8 campers along with your co-Counselor, leading them in games, chapel, and small group discussions, encouraging them as they try new activities like the zip line or mastering the challenge course, and ministering to them by sharing your Christian faith. This is a challenging and rewarding job that can make a life-long impact on those you serve. Cabin Counselors have the opportunity to work with campers ranging from 1st -12th grade.
The purpose of a Cabin Counselor is to serve as a spiritual leader to campers while guiding them through a week of camp.
• Facilitate a welcoming and inclusive environment within your cabin
• Build positive relationships with campers and encourage engagement in the camp experience
• Lead small group discussions with your cabin after chapel
• Help lead and participate in camp games
• Guide campers through daily schedule and help transition between activities
• Maintain a clean, organized camp environment
• Assist Program Staff in running camp operations
• Work to ensure the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of campers
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Experience working with youth
• Experience serving in a Christian ministry
*June 12-16, Counselor Training (Mandatory)
June 16-21, Launch Camp (grades 3-5)
June 23-28, Quest Camp (grades 6-8)
**June 30-July 3, Advanced Horse Camp (ages 12-18)
July 7-12, Encounter Camp (grades 9-12)
July 17-20, Spark Camp (grades 1-3)
*With the exception of Counselor Training, Counselors may choose to work for all, or a selection of camps.
**Horse Camp applicants should have equine experience and inquire directly at email@example.com.
To apply, go to:
www.ironwoodsprings.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 5/9/2019 5:07:26 PM