Search Page | Back to Results
Camp Program Leader
The Program Leader is responsible for program leadership, development and implementation. Recruit, hire and train college and seasonal staff at Island Lake. Assist the Program Director through managing the daily operations of program and Guest Services. Guide and assist the Summer Program Lead in providing biblically grounded, spiritual leadership for the summer staff team. Assist Program Director in setting and stewarding the program budget and resources. Pursue leadership development opportunities for staff at every level. Understand the desired outcomes of our leadership pipeline and joyfully train those they supervise in the same manner. Reinforce Camp’s culture of being a “sending organization.”
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; may not include all duties of this job)
Guest Group Services
• Oversee and equip the Guest Group Host to provide excellent guest group on-site experience: pre-arrival preparation, arrival, stay, and departure.
• Provide clear communication and expectations to camp program, kitchen, and facilities staff in areas concerning guest experience.
• Assist Program Director in managing Housekeepers to maintain Camp’s high standards of cleanliness. Maintain adequate stocking of chemical and paper products.
• Coordinate staffing schedules for all program staff.
• Connect with guest group leaders as needed during their stay at camp to build relationships, improve ministry partnerships, and solve problems and concerns.
• Complete final invoice and collect group payment before departure.
Program Leadership, Development, Implementation, and Safety
• Lead intern and seasonal teams to fulfill the Camps mission in alignment with its culture, practices, and policies. Assist the Summer Program Lead in this area. Provide direction to the intern team in carrying out the daily operations of camp programs and guest services. Partner with camp operations to maintain indoor and outdoor facility quality and cleanliness.
• Manage Island Lake Activities programs: Ropes Course, Paintball, Waterfront, Archery, Low Ropes, Trail Bikes, recreational equipment, and games. Implement Camps vision for each activity, oversee equipment maintenance, order supplies, and ensure excellent guest experience at each activity.
• Supervise staff in best practice safety standards, safe work
practices, activity operations, and facilitation.
• Foster Christ-centered community
• Assist the Summer Program Lead in providing spiritual leadership for summer staff that is Biblically based.
• Assist Summer Program Lead in daily staff meetings and tri-weekly (more if needed) Summer Leads team meetings.
• Provide evaluation and coaching for Summer Staff.
• Address camper and staff discipline issues.
• Train and empower the Store Manager in store operations.
• Recruit, Hire, and Train
• Assist the Summer Program Lead in the summer hiring process.
• Build partnerships with youth and college ministry leaders to create pipelines for staff.
• Hire and train seasonal activities staff.
• Develop and implement (with program team) operational leadership, and ministry training for Interns, summer staff, and hourly staff.
• Train staff in best practices safety standards, work practices, activity operations, and facilitation.
• Assist Program Director in setting and stewarding program budget and resources.
• Manage store cash drawers during the school year.
• Manage lost and found process.
• Manage and keep an inventory of all camp sound and lighting equipment.
• Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, and customers.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The internship and Island Lake summer Leads Team. Seasonal hourly and Island Lake summer staff: 10-50 people.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience)
• Christian Commitment: CRISTA Ministries believes that the effectiveness of its ministry is directly related to the depth and sincerity of commitment to Jesus Christ demonstrated by each employee. Therefore, as a CRISTA employee, each individual must be committed to the pursuit of a lifestyle, on and off the job, consistent with the mission of CRISTA Ministries, compatible with the historical standards of morality, reflecting the message, mission, and character of Jesus Christ.
• Education: Associate's degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
• Experience: Two years working in youth ministry or ministry leadership or similar experience.
• Software and Equipment Used: Basic understanding of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Other Considerations:
• Flexible and hospitable
A good communicator in front of groups
Able to manage a lot of details and people throughout a camp day
Expected to work 6 days per week during the summer season
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Management or Ministry from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
• Experience: Two years of Youth camp or pastoral experience
• Licensure/Certification: Lifeguard, CPR, ropes certified
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 7/17/2019 4:21:19 PM