Search Page | Back to Results
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for leading the departments in providing an environment where guests may come to hear the Word of God proclaimed by planning, directing, and coordinating the operations on the mountain in a manner that is consistent with the Philosophy and Extended Objectives of Blue Mountain Christian Retreat & Conference Center.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for overseeing the performance, productivity, and efficiency of BMCR operations. • Develop plan and direction with General Manager regarding the overall vision of quality of performance expected from BMCR staff. • Coordinate, manage, and monitor the workings of various departments involved in daily operations to ensure that BMCR’s standards are met (maintenance, housekeeping, food service, etc). • Assess working departmental policies and goals with General Manager in order to provide effective methods and strategies to the department heads for overall improvement of BMCR operations. • Evaluate, interpret, and implement improvements based on written and verbal guest evaluations. • Integrate new procedures that address improvements and upkeep of any current organizational systems.
• Supervise BMCR staff in adhering to rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Facilitate and advance efficient coordination and communication between departments.
• Perform daily duties of a BMCR Office Team Member.
• Complete other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor. • Foster teamwork by resolving problems and achieving goals cooperatively and effectively. • Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the guests when on the grounds.
• Perform duties maintaining confidentiality and use discretion in all business dealings.
• must have a true born again experience • a love for the Lord Jesus Christ
• a desire to see people come to the knowledge of the salvation available through Jesus Christ
• must have experienced or be open to the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
• be in agreement with BMCR Doctrinal Statement, Personal Principles and Practices, Policies, and Procedures
• a servant’s attitude that places others ahead of self
• must live a Godly lifestyle
• attend scheduled staff meetings
• a willingness to place oneself under the headship of BMCR
Education • Minimum 2 year College Degree
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business administration, operations management, or related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Possess an ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Fit to serve in a fast paced environment and multitask. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills through any and all means of communication.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, high degree of emotional intelligence, and the mind to remain calm in stressful situations. • Computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, databases, e-mail, reporting skills, managing processes and ability to utilize various software packages. • Capable of observing staff and guest behavior, discern it’s appropriateness, and enforce safety, emergency, or disciplinary procedures and apply appropriate management techniques.
• Equipped to understand, implement, and communicate safety regulations and procedures to staff and guests.
• Hold a valid driver’s license.
The physical environment requires the employee holding this position to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions on uneven and hilly terrain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be constantly sitting, standing, squatting, kneeling, typing, talking, listening, twisting, bending, and carrying. There is a lot of repetitive motion like sitting in front of a computer screen. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds regularly.
• Remain faithful to Personal Principles, Practices, and Policies as expressed in the BMCR Staff Manual.
• Adhere to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
• Work some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• On call nights and weekends required. • Satisfactory completion of background investigation. • Verify employment eligibility through completion of USCIS Form I-9.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Mark Grasso, President/General Manager
Phone: 570-386-2154 Email: email@example.com
Web site: www.bmcr.org (fill out online application)
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 4/25/2019 12:34:16 PM