Search Page | Back to Results
Position Title: Head Cook (Female) All-Girls Christian Summer Camp
Classification: Full-Time Seasonal, June 15th - August 3rd
Job Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Reports To: Summer Camp Director, Executive Director
Contact: Adam Todd - Executive Director
Mt. Gilead Camp is an all-girls Christian Camp and retreat center located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.
Mt. Gilead Camp and Conference Center is seeking a qualified, enthusiastic person for the position of Head Cook based in Stroudsburg, PA.
This Cook position is responsible for the daily preparation and delivery of meals (in conjunction with kitchen support staff) for a small summer camp’s staff and camper’s. In addition, this position maintains all aspects of sanitation and cleanliness pertaining to food service, as well as instruction and supervision of the seasonal crew.
Room and board is also provided for those interested in our Summer Camp Head Cook position.
Position Requirements and Responsibilities
- Must be a person willing to take charge, and be responsible for the safety of food and other employees.
- Engage in positive, encouraging ways with all campers and guests.
- Prepare all meals and snacks as scheduled and instructed according to pre-planned menus and established mealtimes.
- Assist the Summer Camp Directors and Event Coordinators in creating appropriate menus.
- Supersize the cleaning, sanitizing, and inspecting of areas maintained by the kitchen staff on a daily basis, as needed, to exceed Pennsylvania Board of Health standards.
- Provide assistance as directed for inventories and ordering of food and supplies.
- Support and direct Kitchen Staff in the preparation and cleaning duties for breakfast, lunch, and dinner set-ups and breakdowns utilizing on-site guidelines and resources.
- Assist in the preparation, set up and breakdown of coffee breaks, receptions, or other special functions.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to be a team player within a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility with regard to schedule is required.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds for extended periods of time.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Climb multiple levels of stairs repeatedly, bending, twisting and reaching motions.
- Utilize step ladders, cleaning equipment.
This job specification should not be constructed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as required by their Supervisor or other Managers.
PA and federal background clearances will be required before employment begins.
About Mt. Gilead:
Nestled in the heart of the Pennsylvania Poconos, Mt. Gilead has provided an exceptional Christian girls’ summer camp program for more than 60 years. Campers play, learn, and grow while participating in archery, swimming, riflery, drama, horsemanship, and canoeing – to name just a few! In a warm and friendly atmosphere, staff focus on loving girls to Christ and helping them to develop a dynamic relationship with Him. Meals are served family-style, praise and worship singing, campfires, fun camp traditions, off-the-wall silly songs, games, and activities all enhance the experiences of making new friends and enjoying Christian fellowship. The heart of Mt. Gilead is our Lord, and His praise is incorporated into every area of the camping program. Here girls mature and grow in Him, and make friends and memories that will last a lifetime!
Job Type: Full-time
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Food Services
Updated: 4/23/2019 8:56:45 PM