Search Page | Back to Results
This position is responsible for assisting the Food Service Director (FSD), Assistant Food Service Director (ASFD) and the Kitchen Manager in cooking as well as preparation, supervision and operation of the salad, fruit bar and desserts.
Detailed description: Daily
• Will work with the ASFD and or Kitchen mngr. in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals
• Responsible for the preparation, set up and maintaining a fresh and appealing fruit and salad bar that meets the NC Health Dept. codes
• Responsible for maintaining a clean work area and observe all regulations as stated by the NC State Health Dept.
• Responsible for the preparation and serving of desserts as the menu calls for
• When time permits plan and make homemade desserts for future meals
• Will likely be required to work in the Convocation kitchen during the weeks that kitchen is in operation (see below for possible responsibilities)
• Will take the initiative to see what is available for the fruit/salad bar and ensure it used before expiration date
• Responsible for assisting with unloading trucks including lifting and carrying boxes and storing food as required by health codes
• May be required to serve meals in locations other than Dining Hall
• Responsible for the set-up of the Dining area as each meal requires when Dining Room Manager is not on duty. These duties may include beverage prep, condiment display, filling of plates, glasses etc.
• Responsible for cleaning the dining room after each meal as well as general maintenance cleaning when Dining Room Manager is not on duty.
• Responsible for the supervision and training of employees assigned to help in these areas including the buss room and dining room when Dining Room Manager is not on duty.
• Responsible for delegating tasks to other employees assigned to this area and others.
• Is a team player and is willing to help others when assigned work is completed
• Required to maintain valid Serve Safe Accreditation
• May be responsible for opening and or closing kitchen
• Other duties as assigned by the Food Service Director
Responsible for all aspects of meal preparation and supervising of employees in the Convocation Kitchen as needed
Will see that meals are prepared according to posted menus and NC health dept. requirements
Will assist FSD with menus, ordering and scheduling as needed
Will supervise and train other employees and volunteers as needed for specific tasks
Will help FSD maintain necessary stock for the needed meal service
May be required to serve meals in locations other than Convocation Hall
Work with Camp Directors as needed to address any special dietary needs
Work with Guest Services Dept. on cleaning between meals, specific needs may change from camp to camp
See that deliveries are put away in a timely manner and proper places according to Health Dept. standards
Will make sure vehicles and golf carts are operated according to policies set forth by Bonclarken
Keep FSD advised of any and all issues where additional supervisory help is needed
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Food Services
Updated: 4/16/2019 3:48:37 PM
Lou Ann Aheron