Search Page | Back to Results
The Retreat Ministry Specialist supports the ministries of Sky Ranch by providing an excellent and safe experience for all Van retreat guests. This position helps to exceed guest expectations of the overall retreat experience by coordinating guests’ activities and needs with all other departments. The job’s focus is on an excellent customer experience resulting in positive guest feedback as well as high levels of customer retention. Additionally, this position serves in a sales role, booking new retreats for current and new guests for Van Sky Ranch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with retreat group leaders and their guests to exceed expectations of Sky Ranch. Performance is satisfactory when:
o Serve guests in a manner that reflects their importance to us, respectfully and eagerly seeking to meet their needs.
o Bring to attention any situation where we fail to satisfactorily serve a guest to Retreats Director or Operations Manager and discussed accordingly. An attempt will be made to resolve the problem, design a system that prevents recurrence, and offer an apology and/or a refund.
o Work directly with group leaders and potential customers through face-to-face meetings, phone calls, tours, and emails.
o Make sure all departments are well informed and running efficiently.
o Manage Legacy Fellows who are working each weekend.
o Manage meeting room setup for groups.
o Greet and host guest groups attending retreats and conferences. Assist in transporting guests with people movers as needed.
o Coordinate and host meals for each group.
o Evaluate the guest’s total experience at Sky Ranch.
• Conduct marketing and sales for retreats. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
o Receive and process incoming contracts, deposits, and final payments.
o Generate and compile documents on a weekly basis including info sheets and score reports, among other things.
o Track up-sales and over-minimums on weekends.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least two years of retreat experience.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• In-depth understanding of the field of retreats and camping.
• Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Basic internet skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
• Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and families), clergy and staff of various Christian churches and organizations of all sizes, cultural identities and worship styles, co-workers and peers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills.
• Ability to provide logistical planning and retreats.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to prepare moderately complex reports.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Excellent, professional written communication skills. Ability to speak clearly in face-to-face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail. Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Much physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
• Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Guest Services
Updated: 5/15/2019 3:03:36 PM