Search Page | Back to Results
Arizona Regional Director
As part of the Youth Haven leadership team, the Arizona Regional Director is responsible to oversee Youth Haven’s ministry to disadvantaged children within the state of Arizona. This position is responsible to lead the Arizona staff team and ensure that maximum ministry potential is achieved. This key leader will also cultivate and build relationships, helping Youth Haven carry out its mission to reach as many disadvantaged children for Christ as possible. He/she will serve as the primary contact for many local businesses, organizations, churches, and agencies that partner with Youth Haven. In addition, the Regional Director will be a point person for many local media outlets and serve as a representative for Youth Haven at community events, concerts, and other opportunities allowing YH to engage with the community. This will include a special emphasis placed on Family Life Radio events.
• Be onsite at the Arizona campus several days each week to ensure staff are encouraged, equipped and focused on serving as many disadvantaged children as possible. This will include leading weekly staff meetings and other regular activities for the team.
• Oversee the management of the Arizona campus. This includes working with the Arizona Facility and Grounds Manager to find facility and grounds improvements that will help Youth Haven be more effective with the children.
• Work with the Director of Operations to oversee the licensing and regulatory requirements in Arizona.
• Meet with church leaders to offer partnership opportunities including funding, volunteering, prayer partnerships, and outreach potential. Special attention will be given to outreach opportunities with local churches specifically where Youth Haven can assist them in reaching disadvantaged children within their community.
• Evaluate and seek additional ministry opportunities within the state to allow more children to engage with the ministry of Youth Haven.
• Contact existing children’s agencies to build and cultivate those relationships using methods of phone, personal visits, mail, and email. These points of contact may involve answering questions, developing new strategies and procedures to help streamline the scheduling and attendance process or simply engaging with agencies to show appreciation for their partnership.
• Look for and develop new agency contacts within the geographic regions Youth Haven serves, focusing on engaging with additional children for Youth Haven’s on site and off site programs.
• In coordination with the Leadership Team at the Corporate Office, oversee special events held in Arizona.
• Serve as Youth Haven’s primary representative at events offered by Family Life Radio where Youth Haven is invited.
• Coordinate and initiate partnership opportunities with local businesses and organizations that may have a desire to help Youth Haven through giving or volunteering.
• Manage the preparation of the annual Arizona ministry budget and expenses related to each activity.
• Manage Youth Haven’s Arizona checking account, and purchase orders submitted by the Arizona staff.
• Assist with general administrative tasks as time permits, which may or may not fall within the primary set of responsibilities.
• Report weekly activity to the Director of Operations and/or President and participate in weekly leadership team meetings via video conferencing.
• Travel to Youth Haven’s Michigan campus several times a year for meetings with the leadership team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must Love Jesus and have an active, growing relationship with Him!
• Have a passion and vision to reach children for Christ, specifically disadvantaged children ages 7-12 with a sincere and deep commitment to Youth Haven's mission and values, understanding Youth Haven’s purpose as a home missions organization.
• Be evangelistic and missions focused, desiring to be part of a “seed-sowing” ministry, focused on teaching the Gospel message to children who may never hear of Jesus Christ elsewhere.
• Be a high energy, creative, and engaging individual who can cast a vision and get others to follow.
• Able to work independently as well as promote collaboration
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university required.
• Proven leadership experience in a public relations field, where engagement with the community was demonstrated and results were measured.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the gift of being able to speak in front of groups of people and clearly share about the ministry of Youth Haven
• Flexibility in work schedule is important given that many events and opportunities to share and represent Youth Haven will occur in the evenings and weekends.
• Travel to the various locations Youth Haven serves, mainly Michigan, will be required several times throughout the year.
• Highly proficient and comfortable using computers and technology, especially with MS Office products. Salesforce knowledge and experience a plus.
Youth Haven is a great place to work, with each member of our team using their gifts and skills to reach out to children in need. We offer competitive salaries and other benefits (health, dental, life insurances, 401(k), paid time off) to our staff based upon experience and positional responsibilities. If you feel that serving the Lord at Youth Haven as a missionary at a home missions organization, and you possess the servant heart, skills and qualifications required for this position, please fill out our online application. You may attach a resume and cover letter during the application process or alternatively, you may mail, or drop them off in person. A completed application will also be required however. If you desire to mail your resume and cover letter, please send them to:
Lars Carlson - President
PO Box 97
Rives Junction, MI 49277
More info and online application can be found at https://www.youthhaven.org/arizona-regional-director
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 7/2/2019 2:27:36 PM