Search Page | Back to Results
Outdoor Adventure Staff
The Outdoor Adventure Staff work to provide outstanding customer service and a welcoming environment while working zip lines, challenge courses, laser tag, hikes, and any other recreation activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for daily set up, inspection, cleanup, and operation of zip lines, challenge courses, trout pond, hikes or any other recreation activity.
• Provide instruction to guests regarding safety and operation of recreation programs to ensure safety and smooth operation of courses.
• Attend and participate in all mandatory meetings and trainings
• Maintain all equipment to ensure safety of guests and staff.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Outdoor Adventure lead or Outdoor Adventure Supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 18 years of age.
• Working towards the completion of a High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be CPR/First Aid certified within 30 days of being hired.
• Association of Challenge Course Technology Level 1 Facilitator Preferred.
• Prior experience within camp recreation is preferred.
• Prior experience in rock climbing, challenge courses, knots, safety, and other related matters.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
• Ability to hear from God and pray for people, both over the phone and in person.
• Assume responsibility for initiating a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude. through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
• Commit to having full availability on Saturdays.
• Actively supports and participates in the staff spiritual life activities.
• Regular, timely attendance.
• Signed statement of faith.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform high quality work.
• Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
• Must be prepared to encounter challenging situations.
• Must be punctual and responsible individual.
• Exhibit great interpersonal skills with people of all ages.
• Ability to articulate the gospel of Jesus Christ as communicated in Scripture.
• Understanding of respect for authority and peers, as well as camp guidelines and principles.
• Develops and maintains professional relationships with the various departments at Forest Home.
• Maintain and organize both a clean living space and work space.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
• Requires walking, sitting, and standing for 6-8 hours a day.
• Must be able to work at heights up to 60 feet off the ground.
• Requires employees to ascend and/or descend ladders, stairs, cables, and poles with hands and feet.
• After training will have the ability to rescue a 250 lb. person from locations up to 60 feet above the ground using a variety of rescue techniques.
• Requires lifting and transporting 25-50 lbs. of gear and equipment up and down stairs
• Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
• Will require over a mile of walking daily on rough terrain
• Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Updated: 3/12/2019 12:24:11 PM