Search Page | Back to Results
Summer Camp Manager- Female
The Summer Camp Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the Camp Ministry content, programs, and summer staff management for the girls' cabins. Responsibilities include developing and delivering the curriculum, supporting, developing and managing the summer programs, recruiting and hiring summer staff and supporting the Sales and Marketing department. The Summer Camp Manager also serves as team leader to the camp ministry teams of their individual site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with all operations teams to plan, organize, and execute camp programs.
• Work with all operations teams to develop training and execute for full time and summer staff for effective ministry in camp programs.
• Develop, lead, and carry out recruiting efforts for summer ministry teams.
• Manage summer staff and any full-time camp ministry staff.
• Provide organization with current up to date research on the culture of our campers, their families, and the direction of ministry in our target areas.
• Assist and support weekend camp programs for camper/family ministry.
• Manage budgets for camp programs.
• Lead, manage, and evaluate summer staff spiritual development during summer and non-summer months.
• Produce yearly content for all assigned phases and programs of LifeMap.
• Produce content for assigned programs.
• Study and understand what is cutting edge and most effective in current ministry practices.
• Serve as a minister to our campers, their families, and our staff through teaching and preaching ministries, the written word and creative communications
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Summer camp ministry and/or youth ministry experience
• Basic understanding of the field of summer camp ministries.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Experience researching and implementing new activities and events preferred.
• Training in strategic planning preferred.
• Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Basic internet and social media skills.
• Knowledge of activity development and camping safety standards preferred.
• Knowledge of multimedia technology preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN:
• Ability to effectively manage staff in areas such as: selection, development, coaching, motivation, scheduling, and performance evaluation.
• Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
• Ability to hire, train and motivate team members.
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and families), co-workers and peers.
• Proven successful leadership experience, proven ability to build unity amongst a team and motivate them to work together toward a common mission.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills. Ability to plan, manage, and report budgets proficiently.
• Ability to provide logistical planning and facilitate meetings, and/or retreats as required.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to prepare moderately complex reports.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative
• Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
• Requires some physical agility, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 7/15/2019 4:06:14 PM