Search Page | Back to Results
The Operations Manager is responsible to assist the Divisional Camp Director in the day to day operations and upkeep of all camp property and housekeeping needs. He/she is the direct supervisor of maintenance, and housekeeping staff.
1. Encourage the professional and spiritual growth staff under your care.
2. Oversee all permanent, temporary and on call maintenance and housekeeping staff.
3. Continually monitor and evaluate operations staff.
4. Perform annual written evaluations for operations staff.
5. Develop work schedules for operation staff to ensure appropriate and efficient operation.
6. Train operations staff in areas that will assist their job performance as well as benefit camp.
7. Report to the Divisional Camp Director any missing or damaged property, equipment, or housekeeping goods.
8. Ensure that all work areas and storage areas meet with safety and cleanliness standards, including local regulations, ACA/CCCA standards and Salvation Army policies.
a. Assist in maintaining ACA and CCCA accreditation standards as well as the preparation of all necessary reports - the majority of these accreditations are based upon programmatic elements
9. Develop and/or maintain records of projects completed, painting and service done on equipment and vehicles.
10. Ensure all areas of camp are cleaned regularly and landscaping is properly maintained.
11. Work with Guest Service Manger to ensure that operations staff properly clean and set up for all guest group needs.
12. Spend time in property management software system to keep camp organized and running properly.
The Operations Manager has a variety of responsibilities that include oversight for two different areas of operations (Property and Housekeeping). The Operation Manager’s job is to ensure these responsibilities are taken care of and properly managed. The following are some of those specific areas of responsibility:
13. Property – Supervise Maintenance Staff to ensure the maintaining of all Plumbing, Electrical, Building repair, Pool maintenance, Vehicle upkeep, Shop cleanliness and organization, & landscaping – Developing and implementing maintenance/vehicles plan. Many times, the Operations manager will lead projects by accomplishing the work rather than just managing the staff.
14. Housekeeping – Supervise Housekeepers to ensure camp facilities are being maintained at high standards of cleanliness, sanitation and safety. Provide annual evaluations, weekly scheduling for cleaning, maintaining and replacing items as necessary. When necessary, become an additional house cleaner to assist with the needs of the group.
15. Oversee all operations staff during the summer
16. Give guidance and training to the summer crew chiefs and Timothy Leaders
17. Be involved in orientation training
18. Take appropriate precautions to prevent injuries in the operations section of camp.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
• Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards of the site and facilities, camper and staff behavior.
• Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing or walking for long periods of time (60 minutes or more)
• Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis as needed to perform necessary duties.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Knowledge of The Salvation Army mission, philosophy, culture, protocol and organizational structure.
• Must have ability to work well independently in a detailed, professional and courteous manner.
• Combination of college education, training and experience in the camping industry.
• Friendly and personable. Excellent customer service skills required.
• Must be 21 years or older.
• A team player; must work well with others.
• Experience in supervision of staff.
• Must have good communication skills, and pay close attention to detail.
• Required to have a thorough knowledge of building policies, procedures and event requirements.
• Word processing experience. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel especially valuable.
• Possess a valid CA driver’s license.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 5/7/2019 12:14:21 PM