Search Page | Back to Results
Senior Facilities Manager- Van, TX
The Sr Facilities Manager oversees the physical care, maintenance and appearance of the camp property so that Sky Ranch guests experience a safe and welcoming environment. This position leads the maintenance, housekeeping, grounds, facilities and fleet teams and works with them to exceed guest expectations of the overall maintenance, cleanliness, ambiance and beauty of the campsite. This position is also responsible for coordinating Subcontractors as needed and works with the Camp Director and other Sky Ranch staff to ensure the camp meets all safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and oversee Housekeeping, Grounds, Maintenance, Fleet, Site Development, and all construction projects to ensure guidelines are met and executed as defined.
• Oversee, revise, and execute preventative maintenance plan with daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal duties.
• Manage all maintenance department expense budgets, PO’s and financial reporting to the Camp Director.
• Communicate regularly with the Camp Director on all issues as they relate to site and facilities. Work with Camp Director in creation and implementation of camp master plan.
• Work with the Construction Manager and subcontractors with property construction and remodels.
• Working knowledge of the regulatory requirements for the camp water and wastewater as needed.
• Schedule required annual property inspections (fire, etc.).
• Oversee seasonal opening and closing of camps.
• Lead the Maintenance, Housekeeping, Grounds, Fleet and Site Development teams in completion of all duties and communicating all goals, expectations, and Sky Ranch policies.
• Perform other duties as needed.
• High school degree or equivalent experience required.
• Some college preferred.
• At least five years of experience in a related field.
• Working knowledge of basic hand and power tools common to duties of this position.
• In-depth understanding of the field of property management and wastewater management, through construction and/or maintenance management.
• Experience using basic lawn maintenance tools, including but not limited to: mowers, weed-eaters, sprayers, blowers, hand and power saws, and chainsaws.
• Basic working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Knowledge of vehicles and fleet management.
• Understanding of Housekeeping procedures.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
• Ability to effectively manage staff in areas such as: selection, development, coaching, motivation, scheduling, and performance evaluation.
• Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome. Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills, including encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ability to plan, manage, and report budgets proficiently.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to prepare moderately complex reports.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, sketches, O.E.M. instructions and specifications; perform basic math calculations.
• Ability to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Excellent professional written communication skills. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail. Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate the vision and values of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Much physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
• Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/27/2019 9:54:00 AM