Search Page | Back to Results
Guest Services/Office Manager
Bear Trap Ranch
Guest Services/Office Manager
To advance the purpose of Bear Trap Ranch and the purpose of the camp, this position will plan, organize and manage the office, gift shop, housekeeping, and guest services departments.
Supervised by: Bear Trap Ranch Camp Director
Supervises: Housekeeping Staff/ Crew and Interns, Gift Shop/Barista Crew, Office Interns
Status: Full Time
Administer the camp office in a manner consistent with the quality standards of Bear Trap Ranch by:
• Ensuring that all calls, emails, and other enquiries are answered in a timely manner.
• Giving informative camp tours to potential guests.
• Compiling all paperwork necessary to the proper booking of groups, families, and individuals, and tracking the completion of the same.
• Keeping up-to-date all financial records, group paperwork, spreadsheets and usage totals.
• Invoicing groups and tracking payments, and keeping all accounts payable up to date.
• Assisting in preparation of capital and operation budgets with the Director.
• Stocking and maintaining all office supplies and machinery.
• Preparing periodic and end-of-year reports for our accounting team.
• Preparing and submitting reports to the Director as needed.
• Working with our team to manage Bear Trap Ranch’s social media accounts and interactions.
Provide excellent guest experiences by:
• Coordinating with guest groups and all Bear Trap departments ahead of retreats to determine guests’ needs and to organize housing needs, schedules, dietary restrictions, audio-visual needs and other details on a case-by-case basis.
• Liaising with all departments to ensure that guests’ needs are taken care of as they arise while they are on the property, and providing a point of contact between staff and guests.
• Assisting where required in several areas of recreational support (rappelling, rock climbing, hikes, etc.).
• Working in partnership with the team as needed on specified projects such as meal cleanup, maintenance tasks, recreation etc.
Manage the housekeeping department by:
• Ensuring the thorough training of all housekeeping crew and interns, with the goal of maintaining the highest standard of cleanliness and hospitality throughout camp.
• Tracking, stocking and maintaining cleaning supplies.
• Supervising all cleaning and preparation of rooms along with the housekeeping intern (if applicable), ensuring the cleanliness and welcoming atmosphere of our facilities.
• Co-ordinate with the Director and the facilities manager to prioritize the scheduling of cabin maintenance and remodeling projects.
• Create and maintain up-to-date lists of necessary and completed cleaning.
Maintain and operate the camp gift shop by:
• Training interns and summer crew in customer service and the operation of the coffee bar and gift shop facilities.
• Working with design partners and vendors to update stock annually or as needed, keeping on top of trends in camp sales.
• Partnering with multiple vendors to keep gift shop stocked year-round and especially during our high-traffic seasons.
• Maintaining stock in the coffee bar.
• Liaising with groups to create custom hours of operation for the gift shop based on groups’ needs, and ensuring that the gift shop and coffee bar are appropriately staffed during those times.
• Maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization and appealing product placement in the gift shop.
• Updating monthly gift shop inventory valuations and year-end records on a monthly basis.
This position also involves a certain amount of intern and crew discipleship year-round as opportunities arise, and especially during the summer when all staff are involved in the crew and intern development programs. This can involve leading crew Bible studies and guiding morning devotions as well as always being on the lookout for ways to build Christ-centered, grace-filled community every day.
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective management skills and experience.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to take charge of tasks and work independently.
• Ability to develop and improve standard operating procedures.
• Flexibility to work irregular and extended hours as required.
• Familiarity with computers and ability to use programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as a firm grasp on Numbers, Pages and Mail on both desktop and mobile.
• Ability to multitask and juggle many projects simultaneously, and the ability to prioritize as needed.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Guest Services
Updated: 3/25/2019 2:24:21 PM