Search Page | Back to Results
Calling all FUN people! Are you a hard-working, outgoing, team player? Do you have dreams of new and exciting camp skits? Do visions of camp games fill your head?
If so, you might have what it takes to join our team as the Program Director.
Key Success Areas
- Plan and oversee camp programs and activities (games, administrative details, etc.)
- Increase camper registrations
- Recruit seasonal staff
- Build partnerships with church groups, families, organizations
- This is a full-time, year round, salaried position. The Program Director will be responsible to raise 60% of their salary. Fund raising training is available. Housing, utilities, vacation, and sick time are included.
- Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are looking to fill this position immediately.
Mission: Youth For Christ reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other likeminded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the Word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement. Youth focus is 11 to 19 years of age.
About Prairie River Camp: Prairie River Camp is located in southern Minnesota and owned and operated by the South Central Minnesota chapter of Youth for Christ. Prairie River Camp serves people from all over through summer camps, high adventure activities, and weekend programs, all while offering superb retreat facilities for guest groups. Prairie River camp is a small camp, but has great potential to grow!
Position: Prairie River Camp is looking for a program director that will plan and oversee all programmed camps and activities. Currently Prairie River Camp holds summer and winter youth camps, but we would like to expand to offer a broader variety of camps for both adults, youth, and families throughout the year! The Program Director will also work to build relationships with church groups and other organizations who may benefit from a partnership with Prairie River Camp. This position will have oversight over volunteer summer staff, summer staff work crews, and other part time or seasonal workers.
Reports to: Executive Director / Camp Director
Responsibilities include participation and supervision in the following areas:
- Summer & Winter youth camp planning and implementation
- School year programmed weekend retreats and camps
- Oversight of seasonal staff and work teams
- Marketing and relationship building with other youth and adult organizations
- Retreat group hosting and facilitation
- Challenge Course facilitator (training available)
Experience is essential in several of the following areas:
- Detailed administration
- Youth ministry
- Creative programming
- Clear, concise communication
- Public speaking
- Public relations
Possible other areas of involvement:
- (the following items are dependent upon interest and gifting)
- Assisting with work projects, volunteer teams, and ongoing facility development tasks
- Community ministry
As a leader in this ministry, the Program Director should exhibit the following characteristics:
- Devoted follower of Jesus Christ who is committed to his Lordship.
- Has a strong desire for knowing the Word of God, living in its truth, and is rooted in a life of prayer.
- A strong desire to see the outdoors used as a tool to share the life changing message of Jesus Christ.
- High level of organization and self-motivation.
- The ability to prioritize tasks and work through them in an efficient manner.
- The desire and ability to lead and manage other workers and volunteers in a clear and encouraging manner.
- A clear communicator who is able to interact with guests and provide resources for them.
- Friendly, supportive, servant-leader.
- A team player who wholly supports and engages in the mission of the organization.
- Ability to direct multiple projects and work crews.
- Ability to work independently.
- Diligent in project completion and overseeing the same.
- Organized initiator.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Paid - Must Raise Partial Support
Updated: 1/6/2020 3:18:05 PM