Search Page | Back to Results
Do you get excited about fixing things, building things, and working with people? Could you come up with 3 camp games that use corrugated drainage tile? Are you interested in making the facility amazing so that guests can focus on their experience with God?
Do you have what it takes to join our team as the Maintenance Director?
Key Success Areas
- Repair and Improve all camp assets (buildings, facilities, machines, vehicles, and grounds)
- Support and facilitate camp activities
- Supervise volunteers and work crews
- This is a full-time, year round, salaried position. The Maintenance Director will be responsible to raise their salary. Fund raising training is available. Housing, utilities, vacation and sick time included.
- Please send a resume and cover letter to HR@scmyfc.org.
- We are looking to fill this position immediately.
Mission: Youth For Christ reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other likeminded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the Word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.
About Prairie River Camp: Prairie River Camp is located in southern Minnesota and owned and operated by the South Central Minnesota chapter of Youth for Christ. Prairie River Camp serves people from all over through summer camps, high adventure activities, and weekend programs, all while offering superb retreat facilities for guest groups. Prairie River camp is a small camp, but has great potential to grow!
Position: Prairie River Camp is looking for a maintenance director that will oversee and coordinate the upkeep of all buildings, facilities, machines, vehicles and grounds of Prairie River Camp. This position will have oversight over volunteer work groups, summer staff work crews, and other part time or seasonal workers.
Reports to: Executive Director / Camp Director
Responsibilities include participation and supervision in the following areas:
- Building construction, remodeling, and repair
- Vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Grounds keeping
- Managing work projects, volunteer teams, and ongoing facility development tasks
Experience is essential in several of the following areas:
- General Construction and Maintenance (carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC)
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- Automotive and Small Engine Repair
- Managing Contractors
- Scheduling and Implementing Projects
Possible other areas of involvement:
- (the following items are dependent upon interest and gifting)
- Assisting with development and programming of camps and retreats
- Challenge Course facilitator
- Retreat group hosting and facilitation
As a leader in this ministry, the Maintenance Director should exhibit the following characteristics:
- Devoted follower of Jesus Christ who is committed to his Lordship.
- Has a strong desire for knowing the Word of God, living in its truth, and is rooted in a life of prayer.
- A strong desire to see the outdoors used as a tool to share the life changing message of Jesus Christ.
- High level of organization and self-motivation.
- The ability to prioritize tasks and work through them in an efficient manner.
- The desire and ability to lead and manage other workers and volunteers in a clear and encouraging manner.
- A clear communicator who is able to interact with guests and provide resources for them.
- Friendly, supportive, servant-leader.
- A team player who wholly supports and engages in the mission of the organization.
- Ability to direct multiple projects and work crews.
- Ability to work independently.
- Diligent in project completion and overseeing the same.
- Organized initiator.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Must Raise Full Support
Updated: 1/11/2019 1:34:20 PM