Search Page | Back to Results
The Program Director is the leader and administrator of the “programmed” camps and conferences at Lake Geneva Youth Camp and Conference Point Center. This includes classic summer camps, day camps, winter camps, adventure camps, and family camps.
The Program Director reports directly to the Executive Director and provides leadership to the areas listed above within guidelines set by the Executive Director and consistent with Christian values and ethics.
1. Programmed Camps Ministry – Provides leadership to the programmed camps and conferences conducted by Lake Geneva Foundation. The primary objective is ministry growth and expansion. As such, effective programming, marketing, promotion and sales strategies are to be developed and employed by the Programmed Camps Director to expand camper days, occupancy and revenue. The Programmed Camps Director is also responsible for ensuring that excellent customer service (campers and families) is achieved. Meeting of this objective is to be measured by the development of customer experience “surveys” and other objective data-gathering techniques.
Team Development – The Program Director is responsible for the development of the programmed camps staff team, including full-time staff, seasonal staff and summer staff. Hires, trains and equips all summer staff necessary to run programmed camps and summer conference schedule.
The Program Director will take the “lead” on the business / ministry development and growth of the programmed camps and conferences ministry. The Program Director will work with the Advancement / Marketing Director on the marketing plan as it relates to overall ministry occupancy and revenue growth. The Program Director will directly, personally, engage in the “sales and marketing” effort of developing customer (new and existing) relationships—resulting in new campers, families and groups--meeting camper/guest revenue and budget objectives.
Developing relationships with churches and youth/children’s pastors will be a priority for ministry expansion and partnership.
2. Site & Facilities - Provides input on the physical camp property as it relates to executing quality camp & conference programs.
Works with Executive Director and Maintenance Director to ensure procedures and practices are in place to “maintain & improve” the property, equipment, and buildings necessary to expand and improve the camper/guest experience.
3. Food Service - Works with the Operations Director and Food Service Director on developing the plan for delivering a quality “dining experience” for campers, guests, and staff. Develops a quality menu, within budgeted guidelines, to service camp and programmed conference guests.
In cooperation with the Operations Director, establishes and monitors “standards of excellence” relating to the food service and dining experience for campers, guests and staff. The may include, but is not limited to: Quality menus, timeliness of service, food presentation, facility appearance, etc.
4. Staff Leadership - Hires, Trains and equips all “program” staff necessary to run programmed camps. Directly Supervises the Assistant Programmed Camps Director and the Recreation Manager. Recruits and supervises all teen staff (high school), summer staff (college) and adult volunteers. Supervises summer program directors (weekly volunteer camp directors).
Provides professional development opportunities for personnel, including bi-annual evaluations (full-times staff).
Delegates to subordinates the authority to carry out assigned functions and responsibilities effectively. Monitors and evaluates activities and performance of immediate subordinates, and appraises specific accomplishments and contributions made by each. Measures actual results against expectations. In consultation with the president, encourages and rewards improved performance and takes corrective action when performance falls short of expectations.
5. Public Relations.
Provides leadership in constituent relations and general promotion of the Programmed Camps and Conferences. Works with the Executive Director and Leadership Staff in developing plans and strategies for Programmed Camp and Conference(s) public relations. Leads direct communication with constituent churches and para-church organizations.
Develops and recommends to the Executive Director annual budgets to meet program operations’ departmental and institutional needs. Coordinates, monitors and controls budget expenditures. Works with staff to ensure tight budgetary controls.
Brings to Executive Director recommendations for approval for all “capital” expenditures and for all operations expenditures over $1,000.
Continuous quality improvement. Applies total quality management concepts to staff relationships, operating procedures, and assessment measures of the development department.
1. A strong personal faith in Jesus Christ.
2. Significant and successful experience in programmed camps and conference operations, or related experience (sales, project management, business entrepreneurship & development, etc.).
3. Demonstrated understanding of Christian Camping and Conference Ministry.
4. College degree or equivalent required.
5. Knowledge of and experience with ministry operations systems.
6. Positive interpersonal skills and a team player.
7. Demonstrated administrative and supervisory skills.
8. Commitment to continuous process improvement.
9. Willingness to travel 10-30% of schedule (Church Relations).
10. Self-Starter / takes initiative.
11. Comfortable in asking for specific sales objectives; able to get to Yes!
12. Excellent oral, writing, and presentation skills.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Camp Director
Updated: 1/9/2019 2:26:49 PM