Search Page | Back to Results
Positions available: Full time (resident), Part time (student)
SEEKING: OUTGOING CAMP PEOPLE!!!
Tonto Creek Camp’s (3 properties currently one of which is ASU’s Camp Tontozona another being a 4000 acre ranch) year-round internship program is designed for those who are committed to self-development, servant leadership, impacting our culture, and desire to join our staff in creating an environment. It is where staff, volunteers, and guests can experience the outdoors each and every day. After completing this program, it is expected that he/she should be able to enter the workforce as a culture influencer, leader among peers, and with a high emotional intelligence.
A large focus of Tonto Creek Camps is to serve the underserved. If brought onto the team you should have a missional mindset to serve underserve as well!
Internships at Tonto Creek Camp is a life-changing experience; a time where each intern grows personally, relationally, and professionally, coming away more energized and prepared for a lifetime of service. In addition, interns experience many facets of the camping world and can gauge if they see it as a career.
Tonto Creek Camp is committed to making the year-round internship both challenging and rewarding. Much will be asked and much will be given as we carry out Tonto Creek Camp’s’ mission while building servant leaders.
Much will be asked of each intern and much will be given, as they serve in a community of leaders.
• The interns’ responsibilities and expectations will build through the school year and culminate in the summer with leadership opportunities among the summer staff.
• Interns will be challenged to look beyond themselves and serve each other, guest groups and the mission of Tonto Creek Camp.
• We ask each intern to serve by giving their time, energy and resources for the duration of the internship. The full-time camp staff also desire to give back by generously giving time, energy, grace, resources and opportunities to each intern.
Interns serve in most or all the following areas; additionally, each intern will work as a team leader in 1-2 of the following areas depending on his or her skills, gifts and personality:
• Administration (scheduling, registration, pre-camp communication, etc.)
• Adventure Activities (ropes course, team building, hiking, etc.)
• STEM Programming (teaching, writing cuxrriculum, outreach, Mobile STEM Discovery Lab, etc.)
• Housekeeping (cabin turnover, laundry, general cleaning, etc.)
• Kitchen (food-prep, store operations and inventory, meal service, etc.)
• Maintenance (general repairs, landscaping, vehicle operation and maintenance, etc.)
• Marketing (design, recruiting, events, Mobile STEM Discovery Lab etc.)
• Horsemanship program (in development)
¥ Do the right thing
¥ Act with integrity
¥ Above reproach
¥ Serve others with no expectation of return
¥ Demonstrate self-control
¥ Make long term progress
¥ Unity / No Gossip
In addition to the invaluable life experience, year-round interns will be paid a monthly stipend. Interns also receive room and board during the school-season and board during the summer camping season.
If interested, please contact:
Doug Chase – President
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Support Staff / Intern
Updated: 7/3/2019 5:07:26 PM