Search Page | Back to Results
Reports To: Food Service Manager
Department: Camp Del Oro
Position Title: Second Cook
FLSA Status: Part-Time (non-exempt)
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
A. BASIC PURPOSE
The purpose of the camp cook position is to prepare meals in an appealing, nutritious and timely manner
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare and/or supervise other kitchen staff in the preparation of meals and snacks
2. Ensure meal/snack readiness in accordance with scheduled meal/snack times
3. Train other kitchen staff as needed
4. Assume responsibility for overall appearance of kitchen personnel
5. Ensure that all kitchen clean-up is completed immediately following each meal/snack
6. Secure kitchen before leaving at the end of all scheduled events. Close & lock windows.
7. Be responsible for all inventory procedures, making sure all food removed from stock room, refrigerator and freezer is properly accounted for and documented on proper inventory form.
8. Properly store/dispose of all leftovers and unused food after each meal/snack in accordance with state and county health codes,
9. Assist in the preparation of menus for rental groups and summer camp.
10. Order food consistent with the camp menu
11. Be responsible for the cleaning and care of kitchen, all work areas and equipment in keeping with established health department and industry safety standards and codes
12. Maintain safe work habits in accordance with all government regulations.
13. Make certain that personal behavior and the behavior of kitchen staff is exemplary at all times and in keeping with professional standards.
14. Promptly report all needed repairs to maintenance
15. Participate in overall camp training
16. Take every precaution to prevent any kind of injury. However, if injuries occur, know the necessary procedure to deal with such situations (universal precautions, contacting medical personnel and camp director, etc.)
17. Always be aware of safety factors involved in task at hand
18. As schedule allows, you are welcome to attend staff and other camp meetings.
19. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Camp Director
Requirements C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
1. Education Requirements: Some college, vocational training or comparable job experience in the area of food service.
2. Skills: Ability to cook meals/snacks for large groups (up to 300) with calmness and organization. Ability to get along well with others. Ability to take responsibility for overall kitchen operation, food preparation and distribution to rental groups, campers and staff.
3. Physical Requirements: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and be able to stand for up to two hours at a time. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform the essential duties with or without accommodation.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or GED.
Physical Requirements and Work Experience:
1. The position requires frequent lifting of 25 pounds or more. The job is primarily performed outside in the elements regardless of weather.
2. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform the essential duties with or without accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 12/13/2018 5:09:52 PM