Search Page | Back to Results
Adult Ministries Coordinator
MUST APPLY AT mounthermon.org/jobs
A mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in their faith. Fully in accord with Mount Hermon Association, Inc.’s (“MHA”) mission, vision, values and statement of beliefs. Committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the organization. Of strong moral character and integrity.
The Adult Ministries Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and supporting all aspects of adult ministry programming as directed by the Vice President, Programs (“VP”) and the Director of Adult Ministries (“Director”) including, but not limited to, administrative as well as large-scale project management responsibilities to implement MHA’s summer family camp program and non-summer month weekend adult retreats in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities
• Perform general office duties that support the VP and Director including, but not limited to, preparing correspondence, interdepartmental communication, Booked Event Orders (“BEO”S), and other administrative duties.
• Assist the Director with a variety of tasks such as communication with speakers and worship leaders, scheduling interviews, keeping web content current, processing check requests, reimbursements, invoices, and credit card receipts for the department.
• Work closely with the VP to create and implement all aspects of MHA’s summer family camp, including giving oversight to designing and decorating camp to fit the summer theme.
• Create contracts and communicate details for all scheduled speakers and bands for family and adult programs.
• Communicate regularly with other MHA departments before, during and after events to ensure all program details are properly implemented.
• Work closely with the VP and Director to coordinate production of marketing communications and other print and digital materials with in-house marketing team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum two years’ program experience – preferably in a ministry setting – or any combination of equivalent training, education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional interpersonal skills required for effectively interfacing with other departments, speakers, and guests.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with absolute trustworthiness.
• Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to handle a busy and demanding work schedule in an efficient manner.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Significant prior MHA experience a plus.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Requires typing, sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, and the ability to lift/carry 50lbs.
• Ability to work weekends throughout the year.
• Ability to work overtime.
• Adherence to the basic principles as expressed in Mount Hermon’s Mission, Vision, Values and Commitment statements
• Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
• Satisfactory completion of background investigation as well as ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 12/20/2018 3:54:21 PM