Search Page | Back to Results
CAMP EAGLE FAMILY OF CAMPS, GLORIETA
Title: HR/Risk Manager
Department: Shared Services
Reports To: Jeff Ward, Director of Shared Services;
Job Purpose: To fulfill our mission by managing all areas of safety and risk and human resources for our three locations: Camp Eagle in Rocksprings, Texas, Glorieta Camps in Glorieta, New Mexico, and Black Diamond Camps in Auburn, Washington.
As a part of the Shared Services team for the Camp Eagle Family of Camps, this position will require collaboration with the Director of Shared Services and the Site Directors of all three of our camps, in order to accomplish our mission and vision and upholding our values of the organization, by promoting safety and managing insurance and our policies to ensure the safety of our campers and guests. You will be responsible for providing resources, insight and knowledge to the Camp Eagle’s Family of Camps to promote an attitude of safety and accountability among all staff. The HR and Risk Manager will be expected to do whatever it takes to fulfill the duties of their role within the organization, and creative problem solving will be expected regularly. Being in this role will require, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Leading by example in the area of Camp Eagle Family of Camps’ mission, vision, and values, as well as code of conduct and camp policy and procedures.
• Cross-Department communications, including a regular meetings with the Executive Team of all three camps and with the Director of Shared Services.
• Staff development of personnel in your department through regular evaluation and feedback, as well as training and enrichment opportunities
o Assist in training new hires on policies and procedures as well as organizational goals.
o Research, enforce, and have knowledge on current human resource laws.
o Assist with termination paperwork of staff.
o Conduct exit interviews of staff as needed.
o Assist staff in hiring and firing policies and procedures.
o Be a voice of reason and a resource for employees and camps on HR practices and questions.
o Report and communicate to the Director of Shared Services changes in laws and accepted HR practices as well as relevant updates about staff.
o Maintain HRIS system
o Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
o Supports recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees;
o Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory
o Take responsibility for updating insurance policies, helping with claims filed, and comparing insurance to make sure we have the greatest coverage and cost effective insurance in the field.
o Regularly research insurance laws and policies that need to be implemented at all three camps in different states.
o Have a knowledge of benefit plans and administering them
o Assist sites in scheduling regular required trainings, such as CPP, OSHA, sexual harassment, safety, etc.
o Assist departments with developing safety and best practices training within their department
o Supervise, develop, and lead a training specialist in designing training for all camps
o Manage the camps corporate insurance policies and insurance requirements
o Consult and advise leadership on safety topics and of problem areas to fix.
o Oversee the various health codes that affect the camping industry and advise departments on how to comply.
o Regularly meet with the Director of Shared Services and advise on safety issues and protocols that need to be made.
o Help the HR department enforce all insurance policies and laws on safety as required to be covered in case of loss.
o Advise Site Directors on safety and compliance issues
o Periodically travel to all three camps to ensure that risk management and HR policies are being followed.
o Regularly consult and advise Site Directors of questions they may have and on policies and procedures.
o The HR/Risk Manager may be assigned other projects and duties by and at the discretion of the Director of Finance and Administration/Shared Services
Other Duties of ALL Camp Eagle Family of Camps Staff:
Our camps operate year-round. We have guests on the premises almost every day of the year. Serving guests is our number one priority, and therefore ALL staff must participate in guest service in some capacity. Tasks may include cooking, cleaning, facilitating group activities, running retail locations, general maintenance of camp property, and work projects as needed. There are often groups here on weekends, and all staff members will be required to work certain weekends as needed.
Education, Abilities, Skills, Experience:
The “ideal” candidate will have:
• Educational equivalent of bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience in camping.
• Ability to manage a variety of projects and people simultaneously.
• Ability to lead and solve problems creatively.
• Willingness to perform routine tasks regularly and on time, with deadlines weekly and monthly for most tasks.
• Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
• Possession of conflict management tools and a mentality of Matthew 18 conflict resolution.
• Ability to manage a budget and create reports.
• Ability to anticipate needs and think critically about Risk Management
• Ability to communicate tactfully across many departments
• Ability to assess internal processes and execute effective change
• Clearly communicate goals and expectations
• Proficiency in MS Office programs
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
• Ability to be flexible in addressing change while maintaining high safety protocols and policies.
• Keen research skills and ability to create reports.
• Ability to train and lead staff who have various communication styles.
Work Context: This job will be performed primarily in Glorieta, NM at our Shared Services office.
Travel: Some travel at various times of the year will be required to visit our three camps in New Mexico, Texas and Washington state.
• Ability to sit and focus on a singular task for several hours at a time.
• Ability to walk for long distances across varying terrain.
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Work Environment: This position will be primarily office based, but it may need to split time working equally inside/outside depending on needs of camp and busyness of season.
Compensation: Salary, On-site housing, Medical insurance, 401(k) Retirement package after one year, Paid vacation time.
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not entirely comprehensive of all tasks required by this position. You may be assigned other duties by the Director of Shared Services, Board of Directors, or Executive Director as needed to ensure the smooth running of camp and promote a positive guest experience.
How to apply: please click this link to apply through our online system
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 12/6/2018 5:33:01 PM