Search Page | Back to Results
TEL HAI CAMP & RETREAT
FACILITIES DIRECTOR - JOB DESCRIPTION
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: 31 Lasso Dr., Honey Brook, PA 19344
SALARY: The salary is negotiable depending on experience. Package can be discussed.
POSITION: This position is full time (year round) with required residency on camp. It is one of three department lead positions at Tel Hai Camp & Retreat. Note: It is a hands on position with specific skills. The team is comprised of one FT facilities technician, one PT housekeeper and 1-2 summer staff only.
Contact: Tel Hai Camp & Retreat - 610-273-3969 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Operate and oversee the maintenance and repairs of camp equipment, buildings, infrastructure and camp vehicles (van, tractor, truck, lawn mowers, back hoe, etc.).
2. Keep the grounds in shape (mowing, trimming, landscaping, etc.).
3. Check buildings routinely for damage or needed repairs such as weather stripping lock repair, plumbing repairs, and screens.
4. Follow a schedule of regular maintenance for all areas of camp including septic systems, wells, vehicles, smoke alarms, emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, plumbing and heating repairs, changing filters for furnaces and water systems, water testing, electrical, & refrigeration.
5. Open buildings and prepare for guest groups; prepare fires in buildings with stoves; close and shut down buildings when groups depart.
6. Oversight of the housekeeping department with cleaning when needed. Coordinate a cleaning schedule during the summer for summer staff. This includes monitoring and ordering of supplies.
7. Assist with camp security when needed.
8. Hosting along with other full time staff on a rotational basis.
9. Assist the Executive Director to ensure that the facilities are not only pleasing and satisfactory for guests, but safe as well.
10. Coordinate and make trips for tools and supplies.
11. Oversee summer staff grounds/maintenance workers, volunteers, and service teams throughout the year. Coordinate and oversee work projects.
12. Keep the shop clean and organized. Keep all tools in good, working condition.
13. Supervise new construction and building projects.
14. Submit paperwork as required such as: emergency light reports, monthly work reports, and budget work sheets.
15. Plow snow during the winter as needed. Keep steps and walks free of snow and ice.
16. Cut and split firewood as needed.
17. Work with the Program Director to keep recreation items in good repair; also assist around horse barn (hauling hay, etc.).
18. Be willing to assist periodically in other areas of the camp ministry such as in the kitchen, program, etc.
19. Coordinate and interface with facility contracts personnel as required.
20. Ensure we maintain and are compliant with county, state, and federal compliance regulations.
21. Coordinate and communicate task status with the Executive Director and other Directors.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 12/13/2018 8:17:36 AM