Search Page | Back to Results
Director of Maintenance and Grounds
Camp Judson, a Christian Camp and Retreat Center located on Lake Erie in North Springfield, PA, is looking for a year round Director of Maintenance and Grounds.
For more information about the position and how to apply, visit: http://campjudson.com/camp-judson-growing/
Deadline for application is December 19, 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be responsible to the Managing Director
• Be responsible for the proper maintenance of grounds, buildings, equipment, and other facilities by doing the work personally, delegating and supervising or monitoring work delegated to other staff, or by coordinating work with outside contractors as necessary
• Developing and implementing a maintenance plan for camp facilities and equipment
• Use proper safety equipment and adhere to safety procedures
• Supervise all maintenance and grounds staff, instructing them in proper use of equipment, tools, and supplies and monitoring their work
• Coordinate and supervise volunteer workers
• Maintain inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment
• Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Managing Director based upon the needs of Camp Judson and/or may be fitting to person's individual “gifts, passions, and/or abilities”
• Ideal candidate must have a vital relationship with Jesus Christ, a willingness to minister and share their faith with others, as well as serve as an appropriate role model to other staff and campers.
• Must be willing to be an integral part of the camp ministry team.
• Have a working knowledge and experience in grounds and building maintenance, to include carpentry, plumbing, and electrical.
• Have a basic understanding of equipment with the ability to complete regular servicing and be able to troubleshoot for needed outside repair or replacement. (Equipment such as kitchen equipment, condensing units, vehicles, mowers, furnaces, and electric motors)
• Be able to operate a chainsaw, tractors, and lawn and garden equipment, and snowplow.
• Must be able to handle and climb ladders and be able to work on roofs (including two story buildings)
• Be able to lift items up to 80 pounds
• Provide background clearances as specified
• Be willing to be an integral part of the camp ministry team.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work a 40+ hour week.
• Must have or be willing to immediately obtain a PA State Police background check, PA Child Abuse clearance, FBI Criminal Background check abuse clearances, and/or any other clearances/background checks as needed prior to beginning employment.
• Salary in the range of $35,000 - $40,000/yr. (does not include employer portion of payroll taxes)
• 3 weeks paid vacation and 5 personal days annually
• MMBB Retirement Plan
• Worker Compensation Insurance
• Meals provided when camp is in session
• Use of camp vehicle for business associated with camp
• Professional expense reimbursement plan. (Business expense must be approved, mileage expenses based on IRS standard.)
• Candidate will be expected to sign a contract with a clause that requires a 30 day notice of intent to resign.
Camp Judson Overview
Founded in 1949, by two American Baptist Associations, Camp Judson remains deeply connected to over 50 American Baptist Churches in Western Pennsylvania, but our programs and facilities are open to all who wish to participate.
Camp Judson is affiliated with the American Baptist Churches of Pennsylvania and Delaware (ABCOPAD) and is a member of the Christian Camp and Conference Association (CCCA) and are in agreement with their statement of faith.
We are passionate about:
1.) Creating opportunities for people of all ages to experience the life changing love and power of Jesus and draw closer to Christ through camps, conferences and retreats,
2.) Fostering the development of life long healthy relationships and a biblical community of people united around Jesus.
3.) Training and developing Christian leaders.
4.) Supporting and encouraging families and local churches.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/19/2018 8:16:44 AM