Search Page | Back to Results
Food Services Kitchen Manager- Ute Trail, CO
The Food Service Kitchen Manager supports the ministries of Sky Ranch by planning, ordering and preparing delicious meals for summer and retreat season guests at Ute Trail. The Food Service Kitchen Manager helps exceed guest expectations of the overall camp experience by providing healthy, timely meals and a quality dining experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead all facets of food service at the camp. This includes but is not limited to:
o Manage and lead all summer cook staff with all meal prep to serve 150-200 guests and staff per meal during the summer and working alone to plan, organize and cook meals for the retreat season.
o Ensure that guests are served a reasonable variety of healthy meal options with plenty of food available for all guests, all in a timely manner to fit the daily camp schedule.
o Ensure that all food is properly cooked and prepared according to all health standards.
o Serve meals in a visually appealing manner.
o Identify any food allergies or sensitivities, and dietary restrictions, so that all guests are treated and served safely and well.
o Plan menu, manage inventory and order food to maintain and/or beat the set budget.
o Maintain a clean and orderly work environment within the kitchen and dining areas. Ensure that all areas are properly cleaned and sanitized according to all applicable health codes.
o Follow all Sky Ranch and Colorado kitchen and food safety standards.
o Ensure food is stored according to Colorado health codes and all storage equipment is working properly.
o Manage assigned staff on execution of all food service tasks. This includes scheduling, ensuring quality work, and any follow-up for correcting actions.
o During the summer, manage the work aspect of Work Crew Bosses and work crew.
o Help prepare and manage the annual Food Service departmental expense budget.
o During the summer, lead the kitchen team in morning devotionals and care for that team spiritually.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Submit recommendations for improving processes and procedures.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or a two-year culinary degree; or equivalent culinary work experience.
• Minimum of three years of related experience in food service.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Food Handler’s license is required.
• Knowledge of safety procedures appropriate to duties.
• Excellent cooking skills and understanding of working in a commercial kitchen.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Great proficiency with managing a departmental budget and demonstrated knowledge of commercial food ordering.
• Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Basic internet and social media skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to exercise basic critical thinking skills, and take appropriate level of initiative.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work with team members in a manner that builds mutual trust, respect, accountability and cooperation. Demonstrates principles of One Sky.
• Ability to communicate the mission and vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Ability to speak, read, and write in English. Professional and accurate communication with others. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; good listening skills.
• Good interpersonal skills that consistently demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and parents), clergy and staff of various Christian churches and organizations of all sizes, cultural identities and worship styles, co-workers, peers, and board members.
• Excellent, professional written communication skills.
• Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills.
• Much physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
• Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
• Works primarily indoors in a kitchen, dining hall, or office environment.
• Some limited exposure to physical risk while working with cooking equipment.
• Summer: Work 5 ½ days a week according to camp schedule.
• School Year: Work according to retreat schedule which includes weekends.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 8/20/2019 1:07:05 PM