Search Page | Back to Results
12 Month Educational Rec and Outdoor Ed Internship
Ponderosa is a Christian Camp and Conference Center located on 650 acres nestled in the pine-covered Front Range of the Rockies, just 30 miles south of Denver and 20 miles north of Colorado Springs. Ponderosa plays host to various rental groups year-round - various ages & denominations of church retreats, family reunions, and schools. We offer Outdoor Education for school groups in the spring and fall. Our Programming Team plans camps for preteens and students in partnership with our Colorado Baptist General Convention with the mission of creating unique temporary communities that impact unbelievers with The Gospel and encourage believers to grow in their walk with Christ.
We are looking for humble servants of the Lord that demonstrate a personal walk with God that is worthy to be followed by our staff. Those interested should expect hard manual work at times and long hours, to include overnight at times. Emphasis on planning and forward thinking is a must in this department as well as willingness to lead by example. Commitment to finish the entire internship is expected and relied upon. Ability to live in community with other interns is a must. This is a hard job, but the benefit to the intern is vast in experience and preparation for a career in ministry. Interns in this department will gain knowledge in challenge course operations as well as course construction and maintenance, rec area development and maintenance, leadership and management of support staff, coordination with guest groups, development of programs, and many bullet points for resume deepening. All of our interns are expected to participate in a weekly discipleship curriculum and be willing to help in all departments as needed.
• Direct Report to the Director of Recreation and Outdoor Education Programs
• Assist in management of all recreation areas as well as all outdoor ed programs
• Assist in Hiring, Training, Scheduling, and Supervision of all Rec staff
• Assist in planning and booking all rec/outdoor ed. Groups
• Oversee daily activity operations and ensuring safety procedures are being
• Assist in planning, designing, and building new rec activities
• Assist in maintaining all rec areas to a high level of quality
If this position interest you please contact Andrew @ 7194812482 #14 or email@example.com
Category: Support Staff / Intern
Updated: 11/8/2018 4:08:12 PM