Search Page | Back to Results
The Executive Director serves as the lead executive in charge of all aspects of running the ministry and conference center of MBMC. As the main ambassador for the ministry, the Executive Director is the face of Maranatha to its guests, staff and surrounding community and must be a true visionary leader. The Executive Director ensures that the mission and ministry of Maranatha is the primary priority motivating all aspects of the operations. This includes the spiritual programming, marketing of the Conference facilities, recruitment of speakers and missionaries, and oversight of all operations and financials. The Executive Director is a person of high integrity and professionalism with a clear calling to spiritual leadership with a deep belief in the mission of Maranatha. The Executive Director is a full-time position that reports to the Board of Directors and oversees, directly or indirectly, a staff of approximately 15 full time, 45 part time and 165 summer people.
* A mature follower of Jesus with a strong and clear testimony of personal salvation through the finished work of Jesus Christ.
* High integrity with a strong evidence of the Lordship of Jesus Christ in daily life.* Enthusiastic agreement with Maranatha’s Statement of Faith and its Mission, Vision, and Purposes.
* Senior executive operational experience in a profit/loss business with a strong spiritual background
* Christian ministry leadership experience a plus
* Christian business oriented experience a plus
* Marketing and Communications experience a plus
* Proven leadership capabilities with a track record of leading, managing, and inspiring people.
* A commitment to excellence, innovation, creativity, servant leadership and lifelong learning.
* Strong capability in public speaking and overall communications.
* A four-year college degree in a related and relevant field of study.
* Putting Maranatha first with an unwavering commitment to the Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision, Core Values.
* Consistently and faithfully implementing the policies set forth by the Board of Directors.
* Building, encouraging, developing and leading the organization and its staff.
* Developing strategic plans, reporting transparency and faithful accountability to the Maranatha Board.
* Promoting and marketing Maranatha to ensure strong attendance and the meeting of all financial goals.
* Developing a first-rate guest experience through all facets of the operations.
* Building a sustainable model of operation for the Tri-Season and expanding opportunities to leverage the facilities to further build the Kingdom of Christ.
* The Executive Director shall be neither independent of Board accountability, nor dependent upon Board supervision; but shall exercise a high level of independent judgment and initiative.
* Provide complete oversight of the entire organization including membership and residents, as well as personnel, finances, operations, and guest services.
* Work with the Board to develop and implement strategic plans for sustaining the financial health of the organization and the advancement of its ministry purposes.
* Oversee the hiring, placement, supervision, and healthy performance of staff.
* Work with the board to develop the annual budget and pricing strategies.
* Ensure the ongoing healthy operation of the various processes and functions of the conference.
* Ensure the overall fitness, performance and reporting for the operations, including budgets, staffing, and administration.
* Provide clear, timely and accurate reports on all aspects of the operations to the Board of Directors as required and directed.
* Coordinate fundraising/development activities, maintaining and developing good relationships with key donors.
* Provide strong hospitality best practices, systems, and processes for inspiring service.
* Develop the Ministry and Marketing strategies for furthering the ministry:
* Work with Programming and Staff Director’s on summer and part time tri-season staffing to ensure budgets and policies are being met.
* Assist the Retreat Manager and Group Coordinator to evaluate potential programming, retreats, and events for feasibility and adherence to the mission of the ministry.
* Provide leadership of the overall programming for the ministry.
* Be the public face and ambassador of Maranatha to all audiences and stakeholders
* Facilitate the strong marketing and public awareness of the ministry in cost effective ways.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION
* The ability to perform work outdoors and/or indoors in a conference center environment.
* The ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
* Must be able, willing and available as needed to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and overnight.
* Must be able and willing to travel overnight.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 11/13/2018 9:55:52 AM