Search Page | Back to Results
Director Of Operations
The Maranatha Board of Directors has created a new position reporting to the Executive Director. This supporting position will focus on meeting the daily needs of guests, finances and facilities, allowing the Executive Director to focus on our next 82 years of BIBLE TEACHING AND WORLDWIDE MISSIONS.
If you are a strong operational leader looking for an opportunity to work in a complex and multi-faceted non-profit operation that provides a wonderful spiritual retreat experience and believe you meet the requirements as set forth in the job description, please forward your resume to email@example.com.
MARANATHA BIBLE AND MISSIONARY CONFERENCE
Mission: To provide spiritual renewal in a recreational setting
emphasizing Bible teaching and worldwide missions.
Director of Operations
The Director of Operations (DO) for MBMC is a full-time salary position with benefits that oversees all day-to-day operations that support the ministry, reporting to the Executive Director (ED). Maranatha operates a year-round conference center with lodging, food service, recreation facilities and ministry activities. This position will work side-by-side with the ED to ensure the smooth running of all the operations to allow the ministry to flourish and grow. MBMC is a complex and multi-faceted operation requiring a strong operational leader who, directly or indirectly, can inspire, instruct and hold accountable the staff of approximately 15 full time, 45 part time and 165 summer people, who are responsible for maintaining the facilities and grounds to give our guests a wonderful spiritual retreat experience.
* A clear testimony of personal salvation through the finished work of Jesus Christ.
* High integrity with a strong evidence of the Lordship of Jesus Christ in daily life.
* Enthusiastic agreement with Maranatha’s Statement of Faith and its Mission, Vision, and Purposes.
* Operational experience in a profit/loss business with a proven financial background.
*Demonstrated organizational leadership and staffing experience in a business or business-oriented ministry.
* A commitment to excellence, innovation, creativity, servant leadership and lifelong learning.
* The ability to work independently without direct supervision and to function effectively as a supportive team member.
* The ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, solve problems and pay close attention to detail, and to work productively under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Demonstrated competence in the relevant software and productivity tools associated with running the ministry.
* Strong communications skills and theological acumen.
* A four-year college degree in a related and relevant field of study.
* Support of the Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision, and Core Values of Maranatha by leading the day-to-day operations that enable the ministry.
* Successful implementation of the policies for operations set forth by Executive Director (ED) and the Board of Directors.
* Meeting and exceeding expectations for the oversight of the operational staff including job assignments, performance, training and accountability.
* Achieving the measured objectives for management of the day-to-day operations, including grounds and facilities, revenue centers, and guest services.
* Developing a culture of respect, performance, integrity and commitment.
* Support the ED in the leading of staff, residents, and members in a community effort to advance our stated mission and corporate purposes.
* Work with the ED to develop and implement strategic plans for sustaining the financial health of the organization and advancement of the ministry.
* Provide oversight of the day-to-day operations of the ministry including membership, residents, HR, finances and guest services.
o Oversee the hiring, supervision, development and performance of the operations team.
o Work with the ED to develop the annual budget and provide management of revenue, capital, and expense with disciplined planning and reporting.
o Create a culture of service and professionalism in the guest and food services areas to facilitate a first-rate guest experience.
o Ensure technology and IT infrastructure are sufficient to manage all aspects of the ministry.
o Work with the ED to develop five-year capital and maintenance plans.
o Maintain the highest levels of safety and continuous improvement.
* Maintain strong financial controls and overall finance administration.
o Maintain tight accounting and reporting of all revenue and expenses in all aspects of the Conference’s activities.
o Ensure compliance to budgets, tax laws, regulatory and requirements.
o Continually monitor stewardship of resources in light of ministry objectives.
o On-going evaluation and refinement/change to financial policies that may be outdated.
o Foster culture of integrity, stewardship, and continuous improvement behind all financial activities.
* In the food services area, maintain department operations within approved parameters for profit margin, cost control, waste management and labor cost.
o Ensure that the Conference complies with all local, county and state health regulations for food services.
o Maintain tight budget controls and monitor revenue and costs of the food service area.
o Oversee the Food Service Manager and assist with hiring of staff.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION
* The ability to perform work outdoors and/or indoors in a conference center environment.
* The ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
* The ability to bend, stretch, reach with a full range of motion, and to lift moderate weights of up to fifty 50 pounds.
* Must be able, willing and available as needed to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and overnight.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/13/2018 9:54:18 AM