Search Page | Back to Results
Summer Camp Director - Seasonal or Year-Around
The Summer Camp Director works collaboratively with the Leadership Staff and Summer Support Staff to lead and manage the design and implementation of the entire Summer Camp Program.
As an integral part of the management team, this position reports directly to the Executive Director. The primary responsibility of this position includes; working with the leadership team to cast and execute overall vision of the summer camp ministry, training and leading the full-time & seasonal summer staff; fostering a culture of excellence in leadership and building long-term relationships with campers and their families.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Responsible for leading and managing the implementation of the Summer Camp program
* Play an active role in the recruitment of Joy of Living’s summer staff by recruiting at college campuses and other partnership opportunities (as available), reviewing applications and participating in the hiring process.
* Responsible for staff training, safety and spiritual health and development of Summer Camp Staff.
* Competence, understanding and stewardship of the established program budget.
* Responsible for encouraging, facilitating and leading a team in their efforts towards growth as Christian leaders (spiritually, professionally and personally).
* Participate in the innovation and creation of new programs and new activities to remain relevant to our current generation of campers while respecting the traditions of Joy of Living Camp.
* Exercise personal stewardship of the Joy of Living Camp facility and oversee stewardship of the same by the summer staff.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of and passion for Joy of Living Camp’s mission and philosophy of ministry
* Minimum of three years experience in ministry or related field preferred
* Demonstrated ability in strategic planning, marketing, operations management and leadership of others
* A solid understanding of children and youth ministry programming, principles and their applications
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required
* Have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel within the region when necessary
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CHARACTERISTICS
* Mature strong Christian faith, integrity, moral values and convictions.
* An “and-then-some” lifestyle exhibited by Rebekah in Genesis 24:19.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
* Problem-solving skills, exercising judgment, and making sound decisions in performing job duties.
* Ability to detect unsafe equipment and actions and to take the appropriate corrective action.
* Ability to exercise patience and diplomacy in dealing with camp peers, employees, campers, camper parents/care givers, guests and the general public.
* A self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work unsupervised for extended periods.
* Ability to handle restricted and confidential information in a professional manner and always maintain the information as such.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Camp Director
Updated: 11/4/2018 5:19:24 PM