Search Page | Back to Results
Guest Services Representative/Housekeeper
Spring Canyon Retreat and Conference Center (www.springcanyon.org), a ministry of Officers’ Christian Fellowship, is announcing a full-time staff position: Guest Services Representative/Housekeeper. This position is available immediately, but ideally start NLT 1 Aug 19.
The Guest Services/Front Office Representative accomplishes the gamut of all guest services, reservations, and Front Office activities. These include providing courteous and professional service to guests who are checking into or out of Spring Canyon, and offering assistance to guests as needed during their stay. Be a critical team member in our Front Office and reception area to ensure effective telephone and email communications both internally and externally. Employee will complete actions like tracking reservations, preparing welcome packets, assigning lodging, meal counts, invoicing, etc. For non-summer facility and group reservations create required reservation system events and complete actions like tracking reservations, contracting, collecting deposits, obtaining group schedules, and facility requirements. This job requires serving on weekends and holidays, since this is when we serve many of our guests at the Conference Center. In addition, the employee will regularly work conference center operations (housekeeping, laundry, washing dishes, and setting tables) for approximately 3 days/week, with the remainder of the week spent on guest services.
Spring Canyon is a retreat and conference center in Buena Vista, CO, about 120 miles west of Colorado Springs. Since 1962, Spring Canyon has served military families, couples, singles, and Christian groups from across the world as a “home away from home” for community and fellowship. It is nestled in the beautiful Collegiate Peaks on the edge of the famous Arkansas River Valley, and is a Christ-centered sanctuary for military families, groups and individuals where the presence of God transforms lives. When guests drive down from the mountain after a retreat, our desire is that they are refreshed, equipped, and inspired to serve in the name of Jesus Christ wherever God has called them.
What are we looking for?
1. That a clear sense of God's calling to this specific and sacrificial work will become manifest through the hiring process. A demonstrated strong and growing Christian faith and desire to be part of the Spring Canyon ministry effort. A passion to sacrificially serve with a whole heart (possibly at all hours of the day) to guests through guest services, housekeeping tasks, cleaning dishes, and setting tables.
2. Ideally, but not essentially, someone who has grown up in the military, or transitioned from military service, with a strong and current professional and spiritual reputation.
3. Ideally, but not essentially, someone with a history in OCF and Spring Canyon or Christian camping/conference center ministry experience and leadership.
4. View service at Spring Canyon as a ministry calling rather than just a job. Be totally invested in the vision and mission of OCF and Spring Canyon, and serve with a whole heart (1 Sam 12:24 and Col 3:23-24).
5. Available soonest, but NLT 1 Aug 19; ability to work for ministry-level compensation.
6. Conference center housing is available. If provided, it would be a one-room single-efficiency apartment. Single employees might share an apartment with a roommate.
7. A reasonable expectation that the applicant will serve for at least 1-3 years.
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact Kim Hawthorne (firstname.lastname@example.org, 719-398-1850) for further information and an application. Completed applications must be received NLT 1 Jul 2019.
Colonel, USAF (Ret)
Center Director, Spring Canyon
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Guest Services
Updated: 5/15/2019 12:45:07 PM