Search Page | Back to Results
Conference Center Specialist
Spring Canyon Retreat and Conference Center (www.springcanyon.org), a ministry of Officers’ Christian Fellowship, is announcing a full-time staff positions for a Conference Center Specialist. This position is available immediately, but ideally start NLT 1 July 2019.
The Conference Center Specialist is involved in an array of conference center activities, and should have a strong all-around background. This employee could work in multiple functional areas. Candidates should have key skills in a specific area (e.g., outdoor, guest services, cooking, maintenance, and A/V tech), but in addition, will regularly work conference center operations (housekeeping, laundry, washing dishes, and setting tables) for approximately 3 days/week, with the remainder of the week spent on their specialty area.
Spring Canyon is a retreat and conference center in Buena Vista, CO, about 120 miles west of Colorado Springs. Since 1962, Spring Canyon has served military families, couples, singles, and Christian groups from across the world as a “home away from home” for community and fellowship. It is nestled in the beautiful Collegiate Peaks on the edge of the famous Arkansas River Valley, and is a Christ-centered sanctuary for military families, groups and individuals, where the presence of God transforms lives. When guests drive down from the mountain after a retreat, our desire is that they are refreshed, equipped, and inspired to serve in the name of Jesus Christ, wherever God has called them.
What are we looking for?
1. That a clear sense of God's calling to this specific and sacrificial work will become manifest through the hiring process. A demonstrated strong and growing Christian faith and desire to be part of the Spring Canyon ministry effort. A passion to sacrificially serve with a whole heart (possibly at all hours of the day) to guests through housekeeping tasks, cleaning dishes, setting tables, and in your specialty area.
2. Ideally, but not essentially, someone who has grown up in the military, or transitioned from military service, with a strong and current professional and spiritual reputation.
3. Ideally, but not essentially, someone with a history in OCF and Spring Canyon or Christian camping/conference center ministry experience and leadership.
4. View service at Spring Canyon as a ministry calling rather than just a job. Be totally invested in the vision and mission of OCF and Spring Canyon, and serve with a whole heart (1 Sam 12:24 and Col 3:23-24).
5. Available soonest, but NLT 1 Jun 19; ability to work for ministry-level compensation.
6. Conference center housing is available. If provided, it would be a one-room single-efficiency apartment. Single employees might share an apartment with a roommate.
7. A reasonable expectation that the applicant will serve for at least 1-3 years.
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact Heath Wharton (email@example.com, 719-398-1850) for further information and an application. Completed applications must be received NLT 1 April 2019.
Lieutenant Colonel, USAF (Ret)
Program Director, Spring Canyon
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 2/20/2019 2:59:10 PM