Search Page | Back to Results
Food Service/Hospitality Coordinator
The Retreat at Norwich Lake is seeking a Food Service and Hospitality Coordinator (full time). We are seeking to provide high-class hospitality to private groups renting our site, grow Christian leaders as well as provide a first chance camping experience for underprivileged children and teens through our Christian summer camps. The property sits on 97 acres of forestland, on the edge of Norwich Lake - a glacial lake, in Western Massachusetts.
Title: Food Service and Hospitality Coordinator
Accountable To: Jess Cole
Job Description: Food Service and Hospitality Coordinator will support directors by ensuring high quality experience for all guests, ensuring rooms and buildings are clean and showable at all times, host and cater to guests, host volunteer work groups and create systems within his/her area.
Attitudes and Behaviors Expected
1. Vision Driven – Sees, believes and practices THCC’s Vision, Mission & Core Values
2. Honest - Display integrity and truthfulness toward his/her job, staff and customers.
3. Coachable - Good student; eager to learn. Humble enough to receive constructive criticism.
4. Grateful - Warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received from others. Displays a thankful spirit.
5. Competent - Demonstrates a high level of effectiveness with the specific skills needed for the job.
6. Relatable - Demonstrates ability to connect with and forge authentic relationships by establishing casual appropriate relationships with customers and staff.
7. Rule Follower - Does the job by the book.
Job Requirements for both positions:
1. Faith in Christ.
2. Have a servant heart.
3. High level of initiative – be a self-starter, see what needs to be done and do it.
4. Be a job finisher – do all jobs from start to finish; no job is left half done.
5. Have a continuous improvement attitude – “How can we do this better?”
6. High level of hospitality and kindness. Every guest, camper or volunteer must feel warmly welcomed by all staff.
7. Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others.
8. Live onsite or nearby the retreat (must live on site during director’s absence).
9. Valid drivers license.
10. Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate, or be willing to obtain this.
11. Pass both Massachusetts CORI and Massachusetts SORI checks.
12. Experience with cleaning, catering for groups, managing housekeeping systems, etc. is preferred.
Food Service and Hospitality Coordinator duties and responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
1. Work flexible hours.
2. Oversee cleaning of whole site.
a. Daily cleaning of main lodge, floors, kitchen, bathrooms.
b. Cleaning of showers, cabins and other camp buildings as needed.
3. Housekeeping for main lodge suites (change beds, laundry, restock, clean).
4. Responsible for
5. tracking supply use and reordering supplies as needed.
6. Greet, check in/out guests, and meet guests’ needs in a warm, welcoming manner.
7. Buffet-style catering for groups when required (4+ weeks during summer sessions, weekend groups periodically)
8. Basic administration: answering phones, data entry, Microsoft Word and Excel use.
9. Attend weekly staff meetings.
10. In conjunction with Facilities Director, act as primary Hospitality Manager anytime directors are away.
11. Any other reasonable duties requested by director.
** Note: The month of July, during summer camp, is an intense period that requires long hours from all staff. Time off will be negotiated around the program. However, it is unlikely that two days off per week will occur. Days off in lieu can be negotiated with director following camp season.
** Applicants must be willing to have a flexible workweek throughout the year (i.e. Days off will not always be on Saturday-Sunday but may be mid-week).
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 10/15/2018 11:33:52 AM