Search Page | Back to Results
Lutheran Valley Retreat is Sharing God’s Grace and Glory through His creation. We’re growing and need a growth-minded Business Manager accelerate and manage that growth while sustaining what’s made us successful.
The ideal candidate loves marketing, fundraising and sales. They should be great at training, managing and mentoring staff, as well as fully capable of making all business aspects of the Retreat run more efficiently.
Interpersonal skills and leadership capability are paramount, as great teamwork is vital to our success. Suitable candidates should be able to identify new opportunities quickly based on objective data. Candidates are also expected to be able to think on their feet as the landscape of outdoor ministry changes daily, and we need someone who can adapt and learn on the spot.Knowledge and learn on the spot.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
1. Be an active member in a Christian Church.
2. EDUCATION: Bachelors Required. Business Administration preferred. Working towards Master in Business Administration preferred.
3. EXPERIENCE: Minimum Five Years experience in similar position.
4. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports, legal documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; efficiently respond to questions from membership, staff and members of the community; communicate effectively in both written and oral form; and, effectively present information to constituents, public group, and/or board of directors.
5. REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; exhibit independent judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, procedures and policies.
6. OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the principles and techniques of research grant administration, contract administration and negotiation, camp administration, community organization, fiscal and organizational management, principles and practices of marketing and public relations.
7. Ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities; negotiate and administer contracts; work with health care providers, commercial vendors, government agencies, community groups and other organizations as necessary; communicate effectively in both written and oral forms; exhibit independent judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, procedures and policies.
Job responsibilities are listed below. A split is expected between business, bookkeeping, and fundraising roles.
• Examine new opportunities in current and potential markets
• Prepare a comprehensive budget that delivers the greatest value to the ministry of Lutheran Valley Retreat
• Solve customer needs and concerns
• Work with Executive Director to create long term LVR strategies
• Ensure adherence to legal rules and guidelines
• Maintain relationships with partners, vendors, and suppliers
• Ensure LVR has adequate resources to complete its goals and objectives (people, program, equipment)
• Implement Winter 2017 Marketing Plan.
• Update, maintain, and further develop mailing and email list.
Fundraising Responsibilities (partnered with Executive Director)
• Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions
• Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors
• Update maintain and further develop donor database
• Monitor progress of fundraising initiatives
• Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsors
• Develop and implement fundraising activity plans that maximize donations and minimize costs. This may include; special events (silent auctions, dinners, races, golf events, Phone a thon etc), web based fundraising events (online auctions or donation web sites), and fundraising activities (annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs)
• Write reports or prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data
• Write and send letters of thanks to donors and volunteers.
• Plan and direct special events for fundraising, such as silent auctions, dances, golf events, or walks.
• Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites.
• Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
• Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
• Maintain accurate financial ledgers
• Match purchases with invoices
• Coordinate deposits and report financial results to the Executive Director.
• Monitor day to day expenses, tally and enter cash receipts
• Pay vendor invoices and track account balances
• Develop monthly financial statements including cash flow, profit loss statements and balance sheets
• Prepare taxes as required by law, along with payroll
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Paid - Must Raise Partial Support
Updated: 10/4/2018 11:48:18 AM