Search Page | Back to Results
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and a desire to live and work in a close community to serve in the much-needed role of maintenance Director. We are passionate about our mission statement and are looking for a like-minded person who is willing to serve alongside us. Please thoughtfully consider each part of our mission statement, job description, and description of our ministry and community before applying.
MISSION STATEMENT To inspire Christ-like change through Outdoor Adventure, Authentic Relationships, and Biblical Truth.
Property and Community
Glorieta Camps is located 15 miles Southeast of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Nestled in the foothills of the Sangre de Christo Mountains the campus sits at 7500 feet. Glorieta serves 28,000 guests annually with 90% of those in the summer months. The property is 2400 acres with a 400-acre campus composed of 205 commercial and residential buildings, including 70 residential homes. The campus has approximately 3000 beds available for guests. The camp was established in 1949, with the newest building being about 10 years old. We have approximate 120 people who live on-site year-round, comprised of full-time staff and families. The site has its own wastewater treatment plant, water wells, water storage tanks, propane distribution and electrical distribution system. The makeup of our community determines a large part of what it is like to live and work here. Glorieta is a beautiful place with many natural resources but calls for somewhat remote living.
This position is responsible for the management and oversight of the Glorieta 2.0 facility maintenance and repair activities and delivery of various maintenance related services to the Glorieta 2.0 community. This involves management and direct supervision of the maintenance team and occasional independent contractors and outside vendors. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to successfully manage and maintain a commercial facility, campus, and team of similar size. This position also includes management of guest and staff generated work orders, coordinating the maintenance on call rotation, establishing preventative maintenance routines, and working with other departments on prioritizing repairs and needs to serve guests well.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead in Christlike service
• Take lead on training, supervision, and manage the performance of maintenance personnel (employees and contractors) who are working in the electrical, light carpentry, plumbing, propane, HVAC mechanical, painting, roofing, fire protection, network systems and general maintenance trades.
• Ensure that all maintenance staff have current training, log and observe all workplace safety rules, regulations, and best practices.
• Inspects work of maintenance personnel and contractors to ensure that it meets Glorieta 2.0 standards, and complies with applicable Federal, State, and local codes.
• Implement and develop a CMMS (currently Emaint) to help prioritize track, and delegate tasks through online work orders.
• Work with the Executive/Operations Director on strategic maintenance operation planning issues including development of best practices in delivery of maintenance services.
• Work closely with other departments, and successfully manage Glorieta 2.0 maintenance.
• Identify, plan, and develop strategic direction and budgets for maintenance activities, department projects and deferred maintenance requests.
• Assist in the preparation and monthly monitoring of the maintenance budget.
• Prioritizes, plans, and schedules maintenance repairs and projects.
• Proactively monitors the condition of Glorieta 2.0 facilities and takes corrective actions to ensure that they consistently meet department standards and legal compliance expectations.
• Develop preventative maintenance schedules and oversee their completion.
• Maintain a computerized inventory for facilities, supplies, and materials.
• Arrange for contract services as required and oversees maintenance projects.
• Provide support for construction services as directed.
• Provide oversight of safety including compliance to local and federal rules and regulations. (OSHA, IBC, NFPA, State-CID, County, etc.)
• Strong Christian walk characterized by a vibrant relationship with Jesus.
• Bachelor's Degree or 5 years equivalent professional experience including 1 year of managerial experience at a commercial property of like scale.
• Knowledgeable in practices, procedures, materials, and equipment commonly used in the building trades
• Strong management and leadership skills including planning and organizing a large volume of work, creating a positive work environment for staff, team building, managing change, and conflict resolution
• Strong customer service orientation
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Skilled on spreadsheet and word processing software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and other advanced technology systems related to facility maintenance.
• Prefer Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in engineering, construction, or related field
• Several years of leadership experience in similar type of work including supervision of skilled and unskilled labor and 5 years of managerial experience in campus facility maintenance
• Experience Managing a large maintenance organization or a facility similar to Glorieta Camps campus.
Work Context: This job will be performed primarily on location at the Glorieta, New Mexico location. Possible annual trips to other campuses for inspections and ongoing training. Some evenings and weekends will be required as part of the oncall rotation
Physical Demands: Ability to lift 60 lbs, sit in office, stand all day, bend, squat, be on hands and knees for maintenance duties, climb stairs, work on/operate heavy machinery and vehicles. Work Environment: Most work will be done throughout campus, including indoors and outdoors. This may include working in inclement weather conditions throughout the year. Compensation: DOE. Housing and utilities are included in compensation and living on site is a requirement of the job.
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not a complete description of all that is necessary to do your job. Also, all camp employees are expected to do what it takes to work as a team, even with other departments, to serve guests.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://goo.gl/8MqZ8e
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 1/28/2019 11:42:31 AM