Search Page | Back to Results
Black Lake Bible Camp is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized bookkeeper. In this position, you will ensure the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of the Black Lake Bible Camp’s financial records. You will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to assist in making financially informed decisions. This is a ¾ time position. Duties include accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash and credit card receipts, payroll, checking account reconciliation, and possibly some related admin duties. Annually this position will work with our CPA to provide data for IRS reporting. Successful candidates would have a minimum of 2 years experience in bookkeeping, including working with Excel spreadsheets. A minimum of 1 year of Quick Books software experience is required. We hire for experience and for the best fit for our culture and team. This position will require team work and strong interpersonal and communication skills. Other key competencies include being organized, accurate and detail-oriented, while still maintaining efficiency and thoroughness.
Bookkeeper Duties and Responsibilities
* Regular processing of Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable, payroll and payroll tax filing.
* Bank and credit card reconciliation.
* Administration of quarterly business and payroll taxes.
* Preparation of annual 1099s and W-2s
* Preparation of the annual budget in consultation with the Director of Operations
* Preparation of expense reports and balance statements
Bookkeeper Requirements and Qualifications
* Proficiency and experience in QuickBooks
* Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* 2+ years of accounting or bookkeeping experience
* Ability to multitask and monitor multiple projects.
* Experience in Christian camping preferred.
* Agreement with Black Lake Bible Camp’s Statement of Faith
Hours and Compensation
* Hourly pay $15-17 DOE
* Black Lake Bible Camp does not provide benefits at this time
* 24-40 Hours per week, depending on season
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Updated: 4/22/2019 11:37:32 AM