Search Page | Back to Results
Guest Conferences Event Coordinator
To develop, maintain, and deepen relationships with guest group leaders, ministry partners and other organizations in an effort to both increase retention, as well as grow our customer base, while at all times providing superior customer service by facilitating outstanding guest experiences through all stages of the event coordinating process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves guests and staff in a way that is consistent with Forest Home’s mission, vision, and core values.
• Orchestrates all pre-retreat services, which includes communication with group leaders, and acting as the conduit between the guest and all internal departments at Forest Home.
• Works closely with the sales team/ministry liaisons to generate contracts and maintain a consistent flow of communication for the group leader, ministry partner or other organization at the beginning of the event coordinating process.
• Converts internal sales (i.e. webmasters, calls, tours, other inquires) into confirmed groups.
• Walks guests through the entire event coordinating process with detailing that can include, but is not limited to: meal times, arrival/departure times, check-in/check-out locations, recreational/retail options and schedules, housing details, meeting space locations/layouts, updated guest attendance numbers, deposits/payments, and the coordination and collection of necessary forms (i.e. Liability Insurance, Registration/Medical Consent Forms, Voluntary Disclosure Forms, and Roster Forms).
• Actively follows-up with assigned guest group leaders as part of the post-retreat protocol, which includes obtaining feedback on their retreat experience, the collection of any outstanding check-out forms, as well as streamlining their rebooking process for future retreats.
• Maintains repeat business and grows customer base by efficiently and effectively communicating with guest group leaders to instill a desire to rebook for future retreats in a prompt, yet professional manner.
• Collaborative meetings with operations departments to ensure alignment and the highest quality of services provided to contracted groups as the advocate and active voice of the guest and their perspective.
• Coordinates necessary specifics on a daily basis with operations departments via phone calls, emails, or other communications methods to effectively prepare for our guest groups.
• Creates, revises, and distributes “info sheets” to appropriate departments and facilitates weekly meetings to ensure clear communication about group’s wants and desires.
• Handles and creates “info sheets” for all internal requests including but not limited to: meeting functions, donor events, pastor’s stays, and staff stays.
• Facilitates accurate data recording to assist with Camperships and Camper Day tracking
• Shares group impact stories and other important information about guest groups with staff meetings in conjunction with the mission, vision, and core values at Forest Home.
• Seeks opportunities and proposes new systems/processes to ensure the highest level of efficiency in the event coordinating process.
• Creates and revises reports on an as-need basis.
• Actively supports and participates in staff bonding and spiritual life activities.
• Performs all other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• College degree, or significant job experience in customer service, guest relations, and/or related hospitality/tourism industry experience
• Strong office experience, with excellent computer and database skills.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Signed statement of faith.
• Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
• Assume responsibility for initiating a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to hear from God and pray with people, both in person and on the phone.
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home’s policies.
• Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing excellent communication (written and verbal), project management, time management, and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform high-quality work and accomplish assigned projects.
• Actively support and participate in staff bonding and spiritual life activities.
• The ability to work well in a variety of team environments.
• Available for business travel, as requested (less than 10%).
• Regular and timely attendance.
• An effective problem-solver.
• A strong work ethic.
• A self-starter.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Guest Services
Updated: 8/15/2018 10:50:55 AM