Search Page | Back to Results
SAMBICA is “a light on the lake” inspiring youth to a relationship with Jesus Christ since 1919.
This position is charged with managing and supervising the SAMBICA outdoor adventure, recreation, and challenge course elements and operations with a focus on excellence, safety and team building in a Christian Camp setting.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Level 2 challenge course certification
- Enthusiasm for challenge course programming
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Outdoor adventure experience
1. Supervising operation of the high and low ropes course elements when in operation.
2. Scheduling and leading challenge course personnel during challenge course operation.
3. Maintenance of all challenge course elements on property (high ropes course, low ropes course, low ropes/team-building elements).
4. Marketing to and scheduling guest groups for challenge course use throughout the school year.
5. Keeping accurate and up-to-date paperwork (i.e. inspections, reports, etc.) for the SAMBICA challenge course.
6. Monitoring and re-supplying recreation equipment around camp
7. Preparing and overseeing waterfront equipment and maintenance
8. Overseeing turf field equipment and day-to-day operations
9. Other duties as assigned by the Program Director (i.e. assisting with programming events, recruiting, supporting other areas of camp, summer planning, etc.)
- This is a full time, salaried position
- Housing provided on camp, along with food depending on the daily schedule
- Self-motivated and people-oriented
- Proactive about finding solutions and efficiencies
- See the bigger picture and purpose of programming
- Willing to step up to a challenge
- Eagerness to work in a team setting
- Ability to train and manage others
- Good communication skills
- Willing to give and receive input and advice from others
- Ability to train others in outdoor adventure activities
Reports to: Program Director
Supervises: Interns, Summer Staff, Part Time Staff
Education: Bachelor’s degree or extended experience desirable
As a full-time position paid sick time, vacation time, medical and retirement benefits are available.
To apply, send your resume to Ray@sambica.com.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 10/15/2018 11:45:13 AM