Search Page | Back to Results
Cook / Chef
JOB TITLE: Cook/Chef
RESPONSIBLE TO: Food Services Manager and Associate Director
The general responsibility of the Chef will be to make sure the meal they are in charge of is properly prepared and served properly to the guests.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Possess a living and vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
2. Must have a strong commitment to uphold the values of our mission and vision statements and be able to work and live within a Christian camp environment.
3. Display maturity, dependability and capability; skilled in the many aspects of kitchen management, cooking, food preparation and preservation, nutrition and sanitation.
4. Possess the ability to be creative in food preparation and presentation.
5. Have experience with institutional cooking and feeding large groups.
6. Proficiently train and supervise kitchen assistants
7. Work independently and with organization; capable of planning ahead, noticing what requires immediate attention, and working safely.
8. Be physically able to move, 50 pounds minimum, at least 10 feet, place items, up to 25 pounds, at least two feet overhead, bend and reach for extended periods of time.
9. Agree to flexibility in work schedule and express willingness to assist with camp concerns when necessary.
The following list is given in order to assist the Food Service Manager in understanding the expectations of the position. The intent is to provide guidelines against which the Food Service Manager’s performance may be measured. It is expected that the delegation and utilization of regular and volunteer staff will assist this person in accomplishing these goals.
1. The Food Service Manager will be ServSafe certified by the State of California and continually maintain certification.
SAFETY AND HEALTH
1. The Food Service Manager is responsible and accountable to notice and communicate any and all unsafe conditions existing in the physical conditions of all Redwood Glen kitchens, dining rooms and related areas to the Guest Services Director or Executive Director and Facilities Manager via portable radio first and, then, by email as confirmation.
2. Whenever possible, prepare menu items from scratch, as opposed to using “prepared foods”, for quality, as well as economic, purposes.
3. Responsible for food service staff adheres to guidelines and laws mandating proper food serving temperatures.
4. Keep dining, serving, prep and surrounding kitchen areas clean and organized.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 7/25/2018 4:57:05 PM