Search Page | Back to Results
Head Cook/Cook Manager
A minimum of two years professional experience as a cook or chef in a high production facility is required.
High School degree or equivalent
This job is responsible for preparing nutritious food in an institutional setting utilizing basic and advanced cooking techniques, plating of food for 75+ guests. Work involves meeting production schedules in accordance with health, safety and sanitary standards, guidelines and regulatory requirements. The head chef is accountable for the quality of food items prepared, ensuring proper utilization and storage of food and supplies, and for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of equipment, supplies and work areas. Must be able to follow leadership and direction and act independently on those instructions. Flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment is essential. Qualified candidates will have experience with high-volume production. Must be creative in planning and preparing product to limit waste.
Food-handling activities are performed in accordance with external and internal guidelines and regulatory guidelines and an employee works effectively to minimize waste during the flow of food while maintaining a quality end product.
Hours fluctuate with summer camp schedule and year-round retreat needs.
• Prepares, cooks, carves and portions out meats, main entrees, vegetables, starches, soups and sauces.
• Maintains all hot and cold prepared food at proper temperatures.
• Plans cooking schedule.
• Purchasing of food.
• Staffing required positions for retreats and summer camp.
• Awareness of portion control.
• Accountable for food budgeting, cost and safety.
• Collaborates with Directors and other staff when food orders are required.
• Plans special dietary meals.
• Act as positive role model for campers and guests.
• Report any maintenance issues or problems to Facilities Director.
• Create and maintain schedules to uphold cleanliness of kitchen, storage, and overall appearance of cooking and dining facilities.
• Safe Serve certified or willing to get certified.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 7/25/2018 4:36:26 PM