Search Page | Back to Results
Food Service Manager
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The food service manager helps fulfill the mission of Singing Hills by managing all aspects of the ministry that relate to food and the kitchen.
• Has a growing relationship with Jesus, which is evidenced by love for God and love for others.
• Has a genuine love for food, matched with a love of serving others through food.
• Feels called by God to a ministry of hospitality.
• Plan fitting menus for church groups from very diverse backgrounds.
• Prepare and oversee preparation of all menu items, and present the meals in creative and appealing ways.
• Oversee the cleanliness and food law compliance of all kitchen and dining room operations.
• Manage the food budget and inventory in a manner consistent with the overall budget.
• Keep records with Word and Excel to be able to provide accurate statistics on meals served, and cost per plate.
Additional Helpful Qualifications
• Experience with Central American, Caribbean, and African food is a plus.
• A love for mentoring college age and high school age workers in following Jesus and serving quality food is a plus.
• Needs to have at least 4 years experience in a kitchen with at least 2 of those years being in some form of management.
• Able to lift 50 pounds, be on their feet for long periods of time, and work extended hours in a day, including most weekends.
Location of the work
Singing Hills is located in West Central New Hampshire, near the border of Vermont. Our mission is inspire equip, and encourage retreat leaders to plan the camp or retreat God is calling them plan. We serve about 4000-4500 people a year, the average groups size is about 100 people with minimums of 20 up to 300 people at a time depending on the size if the groups. There are often multiple groups attending the camp at the same time.
• Salaried position, includes housing+utilities, medical insurance, and paid vacation after 1 year.
This is a permanent year round position in which we are hoping to have someone for several years. The ideal start time would be sometime in the beginning of 2020.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 11/10/2019 1:17:21 PM