Search Page | Back to Results
Job Title: Camp Manager
Area/Location: Camp MayMac / Felton, CA
Reports to: Executive Director, Cityteam San Jose
Date Submitted for Revision: 7.23.18
Job Description Approved: 7.24.18
Classification: Manager / Regular / Full Time / Exempt
Salary: Range starts at $50,000, DOE
Camp MayMac is a year-round retreat facility located in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains. We are currently looking for a Camp Manager to join our hospitality team. Our Camp Manager will lead our staff by example, rolling up sleeves and doing whatever needs to get done to provide outstanding customer service to our guests. We have a small staff and a big property, so it’s important that our Camp Manager has hands-on experience necessary to oversee the care, maintenance, and upkeep of our beautiful facility. While you will personally take care of most of the facility and maintenance issues, you will also need to assess, prioritize, delegate to skilled volunteers, and build relationships with professional vendors to handle items that are outside your expertise.
The Camp Manager will ensure the successful day-to-day operation of our ministry at Camp MayMac. A large portion of your time will be focused on maintenance and facilities. The rest of your time will be divided into administrative tasks including but not limited to strategic planning, budget oversight, Camp promotion, interacting with rental group leaders, advocating for Camp MayMac, and managing staff. The Camp Manager must be able to promote a team spirit among staff, maintain high operating standards, and be able to function well under pressure. Our ideal candidate will be a mature Christ-follower with strong interpersonal skills. If you are looking for a hands-on ministry involving both facilities and people, this may be the position for you.
1. Oversee ministry operations, including facilities, food service, housekeeping, sales, and guest relations.
2. Oversee staff scheduling to ensure appropriate staffing at all times.
3. Lead by example and provide support to all staff to ensure that Cityteam and CMM policies and procedures are followed.
Facilities & Operations
1. Ensure safety of all facilities and safe work-practices by all staff and volunteers.
2. Oversee all preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance projects.
3. Perform skilled labor in construction, plumbing, electrical, equipment maintenance, carpentry, painting, and other related areas.
4. Develop and maintain a list of needed repairs and improvements, obtain materials, and personally complete, delegate, or outsource projects.
5. Maintain the scheduling, assignment, and accountability of all facility tasks.
6. Ensure pool is properly maintained, including pool water balance, pumps, and structure.
7. Research, select, and utilize vendors for additional repair and maintenance needs.
8. Ensure all paperwork and bills are processed in a timely manner according to the guidelines established by the Finance Department.
Vehicle and Equipment Operations and Maintenance
1. Establish and maintain preventative schedule for all vehicles.
2. Safely operate loader/backhoe.
3. Assess, prioritize, supervise, or perform repairs on vehicles and machinery.
4. Train and monitor staff, volunteers, or contract workers in maintenance safety, procedures, and equipment use.
1. Oversee housekeeping and laundry operations to ensure proper procedures and safety guidelines are followed, and that high standards are maintained for work quality.
2. Schedule all housekeeping and laundry services to ensure timely completion.
3. Oversee procurement of all supplies.
1. Oversee food service operation to ensure all health and safety standards are followed, proper food handling procedures are practiced, and camp menu standards are met or exceeded at all times.
1. Promote Camp MayMac to churches and organizations.
2. Oversee guest engagement process ensuring guests receive the highest quality service possible.
1. Work with Executive Director, Cityteam San Jose to develop and monitor annual budget.
2. Maintain operating expenses within approved budget.
3. Prepare proposals for special projects and capital acquisitions.
4. Solicit both participation in and financial support for facility projects as needed.
5. Manage capital projects including budget, supervision of contractors, and ensure quality completion.
1. Advocate for Cityteam in your circles of influence.
2. Build partnerships with local companies, churches, and organizations.
3. Find innovative ways to support Camp MayMac.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stand for prolonged amounts of time
• Walk, bend, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch
• Push 100 pounds
• Lift and carry 75 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
• Must be able to give clear directions, orally and written
• Must be able to work cooperatively and safely
Required Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2-year minimum experience in hospitality or camp work
• 2-year minimum experience in equipment, vehicle, and facility maintenance or repairs
• Managerial experience including supervising employees
• Computer literate
• Current and valid ServeSafe certification
• Valid CA Driver’s License with a clean record
Preferred Education and Experience
• 4-year degree in hospitality, licensed in trades, or related experience
• Camp managerial experience
• Current and valid CA Food Handler Card
• Customer service experience
• This position will work some evenings and weekends
• This position regularly works outside and will be exposed to a variety of weather, including rain, heat, and cold
• This position regularly works outdoors and will need to hike on uneven surfaces, climb hills, and maneuver on dirt and mud
• This position will occasionally work in a professional kitchen, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, steamer, mixer, and chef’s knives
• This position is frequently exposed to cold, heat, steam, fire, and noise
• Occasionally around wet, slippery floors or surfaces
• Occasionally around chemicals typically found in a professional kitchen or pool
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
• Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
• Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith
• Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 10/9/2018 3:32:50 PM
408 232 5600