Search Page | Back to Results
The Sales Specialist supports the ministries of Sky Ranch by promoting excellent retreat, school programs, and wilderness experiences to potential and returning guests. This position supports the group sales efforts through timely response to inquiries from a variety of sources and searching out new sources for potential guests. This person works closely with other Retreat team members so that the complete Retreat experience exceeds guests’ expectations. This position will have a knowledge of all Sky Ranch programs and be able to converse about them including summer camp, Family Camp and Sky Moms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to effectively drive sales; this includes, but is not limited to the following duties:
a. Manage and track sales leads using Sky Ranch’s database (Salesforce).
b. Make extensive sales calls on a daily basis, including cold calls.
c. Work with marketing to utilize eblasts and social media for connecting with potential and repeat guests
d. Manage and build strategic client relationships, driving customer loyalty.
e. Attend various marketing and sales events in major market areas, including luncheons, drop-bys, trade shows and other marketing or fund-raising events.
f. Build and maintain an active pipeline of guests and potential guests
g. Prospect potential customers from geographic areas and develop plans to address them.
• Ability to consistently achieve annual sales quotas.
• Develop complete and thorough sales contracts utilizing Sky Ranch’s CircuiTree database.
• Provide timely reports to Sales Director and others on a regular basis.
• Prepare and proofread letters, emails, and other correspondence accurately and timely.
• Answer phones promptly, take accurate messages, and respond to requests for information timely.
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Be able to gain extensive knowledge of all Sky Ranch locations and operations quickly.
• Must be able to travel 4-8 times per year for up to a week at a time
• Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Perform project work and other duties assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales or Business, or 1-2 years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES IN:
• In-depth understanding of the field of sales / marketing.
• Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
• Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to leaders of business and community groups; clergy and staff of various Christian churches and organizations of all sizes, cultural identities and worship styles; board members; co-workers and peers.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to prepare moderately complex reports.
• Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Ability to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Ability to speak clearly and make self understood in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail. Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent, professional written communication skills.
• Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills.
• Ability to travel to various geographic locations, including travel by car, and some overnight stays including weekends.
• Professionalism in the workplace to include professional and accurate communication with others.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Basic internet and social media skills.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
• Works indoors in normal office environment majority of the time.
• Ability to occasionally travel to various geographic locations, including travel by car, and some overnight stays including weekends.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 11/27/2019 9:53:32 AM