Search Page | Back to Results
Food Service Manager
The Food Service Manager is responsible for preparation of meals, planning menus, purchasing, inventory and general oversight of the camp's food service program, including supervising all kitchen and dining hall staff/volunteers and the overall housekeeping of the kitchen/dining hall facilities.
• Prior experience cooking in a retail food service, professional or institutional setting and preparing meals for large numbers of people cafeteria style.
• Ability to exemplify the love of Christ through humble, excellent & genuine guest service
• Ability to complete food handling training (ServSafe)
• High School graduate, at least 18 years of age
• Ability to stand for long periods and lift or carry items 50 pounds or less
• Flexible to work long hours from April thru September and as needed during the Fall and Winter months.
• Must maintain all Pennsylvania and Federal background checks as well as meet any Board of directors' pre-employment requirements
• Culinary Arts graduate
• Ability to communicate well to guests and staff
• Current professional certifications in: Food Handling (ServSafe); First Aid, CPR & AED
• Other college graduate, trade-school certificate or post-secondary coursework
• Preferably at least 21 years of age
• Basic understanding of computer skills for web based ordering
• Responsible for the menu planning for age appropriate meals during summer camp and for different types of rental groups.
• Perform the planning, preparation & service of good food in accordance with safety, nutrition & guest needs
• Be the primary contact for guests and the parents of campers with dietary restrictions.
• Ensure that food is ready to serve when scheduled, is of good quality and presentation
• Ensures proper staffing levels by recruiting, interviewing and hiring talented kitchen staff members.
• Manages staff, volunteers & guests in the kitchen, dining room & dish area operations, including scheduling, performance feedback, discipline and termination
• Order food and kitchen supplies and maintain a good relationship with our vendors
• Receive, verify the order and store the food and supplies properly.
• Keep track of food costs to maintain the price per plate to a minimum
• Supervise general cleaning of the kitchen, food storage, food handling areas and dining hall in accordance with Health Department regulations.
• Ensure all kitchen equipment is in good, clean working order and report any maintenance issues to the Maintenance Staff.
This position is unique in that it will be a full time salaried position from April thru September. From October to April the position will be on an as needed basis and paid per event.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Food Services
Updated: 10/31/2018 10:02:18 AM