Search Page | Back to Results
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and visionary leadership to serve in the role of Executive Director of Black Diamond Camps. We are passionate about our mission statement and are looking for a like-minded person who is willing to serve alongside us. Please thoughtfully consider each part of our mission statement, job description, and description of our ministry and community before applying.
To inspire Christ-like change through
Authentic Relationships and
Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Black Diamond Camps. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the strategic plan, Board Development and Donor Development of the organization and properties. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors of Black Diamond Camps.
We have about 40 people who live on-site year-round at our Auburn Facility, comprised of: full-time staff and families and interns.
Board Governance: Works with the Board of Directors in order to fulfill Black Diamond Camps mission.
• Lead Black Diamond Camps in a manner that supports and guides the Camp mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
• Responsible for working with the board to develop, attract new board members and retain existing board members as they serve on the board.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Black Diamond Camps, to include submission to the Board of Directors a proposed annual budget and financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Strong fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
• Building relationships for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Black Diamond Camps mission. Including building plans for raining scholarship funds and running capital campaigns.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the Board of Directors and COO to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
• Oversight of the implementation of Black Diamond Camps programs that carry out the mission.
• Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the Camp can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
• Networking locally to enhance the Black Diamond Camps image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with the local Board of Directors, and other professional, civic and private organizations.
• Communicating the mission, vision and values of Black Diamond Camps to potential donors and prospective customers.
• Responsible for overall sales process and monitoring, including meeting with and partnering with larger regional ministries to continue to grow Black Diamond Camps.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of Black Diamond Camps are appropriate.
• Overall management responsibility for the effective administration of Black Diamond Camps operations. Including managing the leadership team of the camp.
• Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
• Developing and managing plans for the overall health and safety of the property.
Travel: Travel will be required of this position, primarily to the local region with the occasional travel outside the region.
· Ability to sit and focus on a singular task for several hours at a time.
· Ability to walk for long distances across varying terrain.
· Some lifting of heavy objects will likely be required.
Work Environment: Will split time working equally inside/outside depending on needs of camp and busyness of season.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://goo.gl/UC3NrW
This Job Description is not a complete description of all that is necessary to do your job. Also, all camp employees are expected to do what it takes to work as a team, even with other departments, to serve guests. This is not only an expectation, but a value that we hold to as an organization. We will help each other get the mission done.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 7/4/2018 9:47:47 AM